300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HANNIBAL KING View Post
    Why does it take so long to call off of all these lists. Someone scored 90 and he's getting called now. Are they going to call till the lowest number? I mean, it's going to expire next year and you only see they called numbers listed from 2019. Don't get it.
    They mostly contacted folks from the regular PO list, not many trainees. They called people all the way down to 85s from that list. From what I understand, trainees are not being hired at the same rate as regular PO candidates so that explains the wait. Additionally, they only hold two classes a year so that limits the number of spots available in general.

Comment

• I'm assuming any proposed academy is postponed indefinitely as a result of COVID-19. I heard NYPD and NYS corrections had their upcoming academies postponed.....

Comment

• Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but not only is the upcoming academy cancelled, there is now a statewide hiring freeze.

Comment

• Thanks for the news. Wonder why my background investigator asked me for a reinstatement paper just last week with all the freezes. Was hoping maybe for a Summer Class. But just got to trust the process those still waiting for the next class.

Comment

• Thanks for the information EdK0. From what I was reading on here, seemed like the last time there was a freeze parole didn't put a class through for about 8 years. I'm assuming since the economy is tanking, this doesn't bode well. Does anyone know if investigations would reach out to candidates to let them know the status moving forward? I'm only asking because I went through the process twice already off the same exam, as my previous med evals had expired. I'm aware of the mantra "no news is good news", but with everything going on, it's a bit of a non-sequitur.

Comment

• Harrybk74
              Harrybk74 commented
              Editing a comment
              Honestly speaking though it is a freeze. I know for a fact the background investigators are still working I was actually in the January 2018 class unfortunately personal reasons I wasn’t able to finish so I’m actually in the process of being reinstated hopefully in the next class. I doubt it will be eight years as I know a lot of parole officers are retiring and there is a need for Community Supervision. The background Investigators don’t appear to know when the next academy is. If I were you if I knew my background investigator’s number I would just touch base with him or her and see if you may have to retake the medicalThat way they know you are still interested without asking about the next class that’s just from my expertise

• Thanks Harrybk74; I appreciate the response. I actually just recently re-tested for medical and psych, so those examinations should be good until next Spring. Before this all hit, it sounded like a class was being put together for the end of April, and obviously, with the "pause", that never occurred. Truthfully, I hope it doesn't take more than another year to get another class together, but who knows - this situation is so novel it's out of everyone's control. I think I will take your advice and periodically check-in to continue to express my interest. Thanks again for the response and good luck to you.

Comment

• Harrybk74
              Harrybk74 commented
              Editing a comment
              Good luck too you as well. Hope we’re both in the next class whenever it will be.

• Originally posted by blueshirts26 View Post
            Thanks Harrybk74; I appreciate the response. I actually just recently re-tested for medical and psych, so those examinations should be good until next Spring. Before this all hit, it sounded like a class was being put together for the end of April, and obviously, with the "pause", that never occurred. Truthfully, I hope it doesn't take more than another year to get another class together, but who knows - this situation is so novel it's out of everyone's control. I think I will take your advice and periodically check-in to continue to express my interest. Thanks again for the response and good luck to you.
            How long is the psych exam good for? Is it like the NYPD where it’s good for 3 years?

Comment

• Psych is only good for one year; same with physical. After a year, if you are still in the running, you would have to return to Albany and re-do everything, save the background portion - a BI can conduct a brief update over the phone.

Comment

• I heard that investigator come to your house. Has that been anyone experience?

Comment

• I've not heard of a doccs investigator going to a house, but not outside the realm of possibility.
                  Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

• I figured as much. I was speaking with two active P.Os and one of them had made mention. He’s also two years out of retirement so I took it with a grain of salt.

Comment

• Under the Divison of Parole investigators were more likely to come to your house. I don't think DOCCS adopted that at all. I can tell you none came to mine. They only even contacted my former supervisor . Not even any of my references, personal or professional.

Comment

• backtheblue95
                        backtheblue95 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks for info. Now if only this pandemic would stop...

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4628 users online. 207 members and 4421 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X