Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any word on the next class?

Comment

• Congrats to all who recently graduated from the academy! I'm assuming the graduation was this past weekend? Hopefully we will get some confirmed news on a new class in the new year.

Comment

• Is anyone scheduled January 25 for written psych and medical January 30

Comment

• Does anyone have the main number to investigations by chance?

Comment

• Harrybk74
            Harrybk74 commented
            Editing a comment
            The number is 518-457-8126

• Any rumors of future classes floating around to anyone's knowledge? I haven't heard anything on my end at this point.

Comment

• Harrybk74
            Harrybk74 commented
            Editing a comment
            I believe a Parole Class maybe scheduled for April maybe wrong tho.

• Harrybk74
            Harrybk74 commented
            Editing a comment
            What stage are you in in the process I ask only because I heard there may be a class this spring between March and April

• blueshirts26
            blueshirts26 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the update....I finished the process at the end of 2018. Haven't heard anything since.

• I also heard there is a class scheduled for either March or April, most likely end of March.

Comment

• My money would be on March class as this would be before end of NYS physical year.

Comment

• That should read NYS fiscal year.

Comment

• HighwayBob
                HighwayBob commented
                Editing a comment
                So why didn't you just edit your post??

• I was one of the people who scored a 90 on the test and I am just being canvassed now. I wanted to know the following:

1. When I send in my canvass acceptance, how long before they call me to go to Albany? Will I have sufficient notice?

2. Do they do all the other psych, interview, medical, drug test there in one day or over a few days?

It would be helpful to know some of this in advance so I have a "ballpark" area of when I need to mark my calendar to go to Albany and plan accordingly.

Comment

• See below.

Comment

• I
                  Originally posted by GPdog16 View Post
                  I was one of the people who scored a 90 on the test and I am just being canvassed now. I wanted to know the following:

1. When I send in my canvass acceptance, how long before they call me to go to Albany? Will I have sufficient notice?

2. Do they do all the other psych, interview, medical, drug test there in one day or over a few days?

It would be helpful to know some of this in advance so I have a "ballpark" area of when I need to mark my calendar to go to Albany and plan accordingly.
                  Hi, I’m no expert, but it’s public knowledge you will do physical, medical, and meet your investigator all in one day. When that day will come IDK. That same day you will get dates for psych written test and one on one, that could be from a few weeks after or may be months. All of this may start in a few weeks/months. This is only my personal experience and what little I gathered on the forum.
                  Last edited by JimmyD30; 02-13-2020, 08:30 PM.

Comment

• Class is rumored to be in April. They are asking current POs to put in for transfers (if wanted) now to help figure out how many POs are needed in what offices. Good luck to all on the lists.

Comment

• Thanks all for the info. This seems to line up with the information j found out the other day. Fingers crossed.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimmyD30 View Post
                        I

Hi, I’m no expert, but it’s public knowledge you will do physical, medical, and meet your investigator all in one day. When that day will come IDK. That same day you will get dates for psych written test and one on one, that could be from a few weeks after or may be months. All of this may start in a few weeks/months. This is only my personal experience and what little I gathered on the forum.
                        I second the above. Usually you would complete the psych portion on a second trip to Albany and that same day select the region you wish to complete the one-on-one. Usually the one on one should be scheduled within a week or two from your written date. I think they offer 3 or so options for those spread throughout the state. After that, it's a waiting game of anywhere from a few months to over a year. I have been waiting since November 18' but a lot has to do with your score and what test you sat for. From what I understand, regular POs are in higher demand and tend to hear first before trainees. Not all the time, but that's been my experience. Since 2017, only three regular trainees (not transitional) were hired.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• Why does it take so long to call off of all these lists. Someone scored 90 and he's getting called now. Are they going to call till the lowest number? I mean, it's going to expire next year and you only see they called numbers listed from 2019. Don't get it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2423 users online. 155 members and 2268 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X