Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone please give me a basic rundown of the day in Albany doing the medical, physical, etc? Rough time frames?
    how much time is spent with investigator?

- Thanks again.

Comment

• Show up in casual clothes and spend about 2 hours filling out paperwork and doing medical screening (drug screen, vision test, EKG, height, weight, and hearing test). Then engage in physical fitness test for about 10 minutes. Then change into business attire, drive to another nearby location, and meet with investigator for about 1 hour.

Comment

• I appreciate the info. Is the time with the investigator similar to a typical job interview?

-Thanks.

Comment

• The investigator will review your background packet for any discrepancies and request a written explanation regarding anything requiring more detail. Make sure to carefully review all information sent to you to make sure everything is filled out to the best of your ability. I can't tell you how many times I've witnessed candidates for law enforcement positions that fail to read and follow instructions; for example, a number of people forgot or chose not to bring the money order beforehand and then panicked as a result of everyone else coming prepared. As long as you follow the directions outlined in the packet exactly, you should be fine.

Best of luck

Comment

• Thanks again for all your insight.
            It is greatly appreciated!

Comment

• Reason
              Reason commented
              Editing a comment
              Make sure you have that packet notarized, had a lot of us scrambling when we went.

• I have a question. What level of physical training will the academy consist of? Do they run a mile every day?

Comment

• PT is usually 3 days a week. For us it started on day one. Running distance was not a big part of the program, although the ability to jog for at least a mile would certainly help you. It is more about having endurance. A lot of it was running in place, push ups - including having the upper arm strength to hold a push up for a minute or so, having the leg strength to lie on your back and extend your legs straight off the ground at least six inches for a minute at a time, then getting up, running in place, and doing it again. Focusing on your core strength is crucial. The intensity increased as the weeks went on. Start now...

Comment

• Does anyone have any updated rumors on the next class? Or is October the most likely?

Thanks in advance

Comment

• I was told by an ORC that Oct/Nov was when the next academy would happen.

Do Parole Officers carry 9mm Glocks?

Thanks

Comment

• Glock 19 if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

• Reason
                      Reason commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes glock 19. We can also carry the 26

• Good day,
                    does anyone know when is the next exam date and also what are the qualifications? Thank you.
                    NYPD exam 2311 (back up)
                    NYC DOC exam 4303
                    When God closes a door on you, don't keep banging on it because what is behind that door is not meant for you

Comment

• LeeKHT
                      LeeKHT commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The last test was in 2017 (I think July) and it's good for 4 years. So the next exam should be mid 2021. I would start looking for the test announcement on the Civil Service site around January or February 2021 though. Since you have to sign up for the exam a few months in advance.

• Thanks for the info about the Glocks.

Comment

• I received a letter from medical confirming I passed. Has anyone received or heard anything? Anyone know if DQ letters have been mailed out? My psych 1 on 1 could've gone better and I'm worried.

I heard corrections just sent two more classes to the academy, one on 8/18 and the other on 8/25. But I haven't heard anything for parole yet. Any info would be appreciated.

Comment

• I'm about 9 months post 1-on-1 and heard nothing yet. Some folks on here have cited October/November for the next class. I hope for the former because the wait is crushing. It does seem like corrections moves at a totally different pace; classes every few weeks, calls going out few months post 1-on-1. Not the case here unfortunately, possibly because there area fewer people processing for these positions compared to corrections.

Comment

• Thanks for the info blueshirts. The NYS correction officer exam is out now and I'm considering taking it as a back up since I hear that they favor c.o.'s. I'm applying as a parole officer trainee and read somewhere that one of the last academy classes had only 4 trainees and all were former correction officers. So if all else fails, I will take that exam and take the long road to parole. I hope you get that call soon. Good luck to everyone!
                          Last edited by LeeKHT; 08-27-2019, 08:46 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3795 users online. 235 members and 3560 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X