Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many people on here have completed all their background, physical, medical, etc.... and are just waiting on the call for a spot at the next academy?

-Thanks

Comment

• Thanks for the responses. I have only received the canvas a while back. An investigator suggested I at least expand my regions to include Central, Western, and Hudson Valley. I did that in March. So sounds like my best chance may be the first Academy in 2020.

Comment

• Some POs I've spoken to years back always encouraged expanding to as many regions as possible, especially the 5 boroughs. There are folks on here who started downstate and transferred afterwards but I understand this is neither ideal or possible for some. Just some food for thought.

Comment

• Thanks for your input, it is greatly appreciated. I may end up having to do that.

Comment

• To the people on here that have completed everything and are just waiting for the call to the next academy, do you mind if I ask about your location preferences? Did you include all the regions throughout NYS?

Thanks again.

Comment

• Downstate offices only for me.....

Comment

• Anyone hear any updates on next academy?

- Thanks

Comment

• First post/reply so bear with me. I received a canvass letter for the NY Parole Officer Trainee exam #26-192, meaning that I may be called for an interview at Albany. My question is for those who know, I applied for a TSO position a few months ago passed the interview, background except for medical because of my eyesight therefore I was not considered for the job. Before I send my canvass letter, does anyone know if the parole officer trainee medical is among the same structure, meaning that if my eyesight is not perfect, I won't be considered? (I already called the investigation unit, left messages and no one has answered back to me) PLEASE HELP! TIA.

Comment

• This is an excerpt from the initial exam announcement from the state: "Your physical and medical condition will be evaluated to ensure that you are able to satisfactorily perform the duties of this position with or without reasonable accommodation. The physical/medical standards include visual acuity not less than 20/30 with or without correction in each eye (if correction is required, binocular visual acuity not less than 20/70 without correction), acceptable color perception, and satisfactory speech and hearing."

In other words, if your glasses get knocked off during a custody or your contacts fall out, can you see well enough to protect yourself and others from any potential threat, including the use of a firearm. It all depends on how bad your vision is. If you're looking for a law enforcement position anywhere in the northeast and your close to legally blind (20/200) without glasses, I suggest looking into Lasik.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• What is timeframe from when packet comes in mail until you are scheduled to go to Albany? And is that date flexible at all?

-Thanks

Comment

• What scores are they canvassing now? did they get to the 90's yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSINV View Post
                        What is timeframe from when packet comes in mail until you are scheduled to go to Albany? And is that date flexible at all?

-Thanks

I received my packet and had to report to Albany 2 weeks later. Don’t procrastinate when you get that packet.

Comment

• Originally posted by scoops87 View Post
                          What scores are they canvassing now? did they get to the 90's yet?
                          I received my canvass letter Sept. 2018 and my packet 2 weeks ago. I got a 85 on the test.

Comment

• Are any of you guys on test number 26191. For parole officer trainee.

Comment

• Originally posted by BondofBlue View Post
                              Are any of you guys on test number 26191. For parole officer trainee.
                              No. Parole Officer.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1680 users online. 144 members and 1536 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X