Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any rumors on a class for either summer or fall?

Comment

• Should be a class that goes through in about 2 months if history is an indicator.
      Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

• Awesome, thanks; fingers crossed.

Comment

• There will be a class going in no later than October. This info comes from an academy trainer I spoke to today.
          Last edited by FrankCone; 05-22-2019, 01:28 PM.

Comment

• That’s good to hear. Will they be taking any trainee parole officers.

Comment

• FrankCone
              FrankCone commented
              Editing a comment
              Hard to say. In my class there were at least 6 trainees, who were all former state correction officers.

• I’m a PO in Syracuse, got on with parole as a trainee in January 2018. Was a state co before moving over to parole. Starting in Bronx 5 then transferred to Syracuse 3 months later. Any questions feel free to ask.

Comment

• Rachel Petersen
              Rachel Petersen commented
              Editing a comment
              Can you put in for a transfer right away as a PO?

• LeeKHT
              LeeKHT commented
              Editing a comment
              You can put in for a transfer after your probation has ended. The probation period for a PO is 12 months and 24 months for PO trainee
              Last edited by LeeKHT; 10-04-2019, 08:52 AM.

• Has anyone received a canvas letter for the October class.

Comment

• What are you referring to? Canvass
              ​​​​letters to begin the remainder of the testing process or a call from an investigator with an academy date?

Comment

• I’m sorry I should’ve stated a canvass letter to begin the remainder of the process?

Comment

• blueshirts26
                  blueshirts26 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No need to apologize at all. I have been waiting to hear something since the end of last year when I went for the psych. I was processing with a bunch of people so I'm not sure how much further they are going down the lists for an upcoming class. I was told 6-9 months and I'm assuming the dozen or so others I tested with were told the same.

• What is the earliest anyone has been notified prior to their entrance into an academy?

Comment

• enzako1018
                  enzako1018 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I was called approximately 3 weeks prior to academy start in July 2018

• blueshirts26
                  blueshirts26 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  From what I have read on here, three to four weeks out seems like the earliest. I have also heard from someone in a recent academy class that a fellow classmate was notified as late as a few days before.

• And does anyone have any idea about current number of openings?
                Or number of spots that will be in the upcoming academy. Thanks.

Comment

• Reason
                  Reason commented
                  Editing a comment
                  usually about 50 to a class

• Thanks for the response! What was the timeframe for your background investigation etc?

Comment

• enzako1018
                  enzako1018 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Canvassed in November or December ‘17 I believe. Albany for medical/agility/Bg in March ‘18. Academy July ‘18. Trainee off the promotion and transfer list.

• That info is very helpful.

Thanks again for your response!

Comment

• enzako1018
                  enzako1018 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No problem, best of luck! I waited a long time to finally get the job, but it was well worth it!

• Thanks guys this info is very helpful.

Comment

• Hopefully the next class is a bit earlier than October. I assumed from previous posts that another class would possibly go in July since there was a January academy, but I suppose there's no knowing for sure at this point. Just my two cents....

Comment

• Reason
                    Reason commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Last years class went in end of July. I was called end of June. I heard the same thing as Frankcone, another class going in couple months.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1578 users online. 121 members and 1457 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X