Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont believe they are taking any trainees this class, unfortunately.

people going in on the 20th, did they give you your assignments?
    Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

• To all those reporting today, drive safe and good luck to you. Should you have any questions or concerns, dont hesitate to contact me via private message.

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Comment

• Well I have officially upgraded to a parole officer trainee 2. Its been a year as a parole officer, if anyone has any questions id be willing to tell you everything you want to know.

Comment

• Does anyone know about any of the special units that parole might have.

Comment

• There are specialized caseloads for sex offenders, mental health, and in some bureaus, gangs. The caseloads are supposed to be capped at 25 cases, but they oftentimes go over. Generally, you need to apply for the specialized case loads, and don't get paid any more than a regular PO.

The office of special investigations is another unit. It is a combination of internal affairs and the warrant squad. you need to have a certain number of years (maybe 3?) on the job to apply for that.

Comment

• Ok cool thank you. For the info. I’m still waiting for them to call me. I’m currently a CO for NYS.

Comment

• Oh I did have 1 other question. What is the academy like for the parole officers

Comment

• It is less intense and less discipline-based than the CO academy. no drill instructors - just 1 main senior PO in charge, who is assisted by other instructors. if you can get through the CO academy, you will have no problem with the parole academy.

Comment

• Thanks bro. I’m just getting a little anxious waiting that’s why I have so many questions. I’m just going to have to be more patient. Thanks for the info. If I have anymore questions can I just ask u?

Comment

• sure, just message me...

Comment

• Can anyone confirm if those in the academy have to leave living quarters for the weekend and return Sunday afternoon?

Comment

• Yes that is correct.

New York State Police

Comment

• How is the academy going?

Comment

• Is there any new info about when the next class will take place.

Comment

• enzako
                              enzako commented
                              Editing a comment
                              No word yet. Generally, there is two classes per year; one early in the year one held mid-summer/early fall.

• Originally posted by BondofBlue View Post
                            Is there any new info about when the next class will take place.
                            I'm wondering the same, now that the January class just graduated......

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1716 users online. 145 members and 1571 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X