Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was off the transitional list and just graduated.
    Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

• Success101
      Success101 commented
      Editing a comment
      How do you like the job and how was the academy?

• VeeDubs86
      VeeDubs86 commented
      Editing a comment
      Job is alright. Its busy in the 5 boroughs, overtime is available. Having gone through the co academy and this one, this one was a lot less stringent. Academics are more a focus at the academy then PT, but dont be lazy. Give 100%. Your 100% may be different than someone elses, but dont be a slug. It'll follow you.

Also if you've never fired a handgun before, I suggest you get some time in with that. Biggest reason people dont make it through is being unsafe with the glock 19 or they cant hit anything with it.

• Success101
      Success101 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for the insight.

• Hey All,
    Does anyone have any updates?

Comment

• Should be an academy class starting in January.
      Not sure what part of the month.
      Not sure if PO, trainee, or a combination.

Comment

• PO trainees have been processing; not sure if potentials would be rolled into any soon-to-be class or deferred to later in the year. I'm assuming the latter....

Comment

• We should be hearing soon if that’s the case. Wish we had a date for the next class.

Comment

• Next class will be Jan feb or march at the latest. The department has sent out an email to those on the job where vacancies are expected to be, in case those currently employed would like to transfer.

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Comment

• New parole class will begin on January 20, 2019. Calls to candidates with parole bureau assignments started this week. I know this because I am a parole officer who graduated from the last class in September 2018.
              Last edited by FrankCone; 12-20-2018, 10:36 AM.

Comment

• Success101
                Success101 commented
                Editing a comment
                What does that mean? No call yet for me.

• FrankCone was right. I received a call last week and accepted the job offer. I report to the academy on Jan. 20th.

Comment

• Success101
                Success101 commented
                Editing a comment
                My bad, don’t know why it posted so many times.
                Last edited by Success101; 12-24-2018, 12:51 AM.

• Venom04
                Venom04 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank You...

Took the test in 2017 and scored a 90. I finished the process in May 2018.

• Success101
                Success101 commented
                Editing a comment
                See you 1/20!

• Venom04
                Venom04 commented
                Editing a comment
                Congrats on the call! 2 more weeks...

• Same for me.

Comment

• Off the parole officer or trainee list? Open competitive or transitional?

New York State Police

Comment

• Success101
                  Success101 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  PO/ open competitive

• Originally posted by Success101 View Post
                Same for me.
                Regarding the regions you selected, did they include the NYC boroughs and Long Island?

Comment

• Success101
                  Success101 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes, I’m downstate so I wanted to remain downstate.

• blueshirts26
                  blueshirts26 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's really frustrating, sorry to hear that. Have you reached out to your investigator at all? I was told average 6-9 months for a call unless you receive a letter. Seems like you're right at the end of that, so hopefully you will hear something soon. I have read on here that people can get called right up until the academy start date, but I take most things I read on here with a grain of salt unless they are from someone currently assigned to an area office. Good luck!

• Success101
                  Success101 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I get the average response of, "no news is good news". It is frustrating. Hopefully they are still calling for this class but I doubt it. It would be nice if the investigators could give some insight.

Thank you.

• I know someone who was called 2 days before our academy class in July 2018, because the person who was supposed to take the job dropped out. The investigation process can be difficult. However, as long as your were COMPLETELY honest with your investigator, and there was nothing terrible that happened at a prior job, you're probably in good shape. There's nothing wrong with calling the investigator and asking if they have all the information they need to complete your background.

As far as when you will receive your academy call, mine was 3 weeks before the July 2018 academy started.
                Last edited by FrankCone; 12-29-2018, 07:27 PM.

Comment

• Success101
                  Success101 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  All is good with my investigation. My investigation was actually completed before the last class that went in so I’m really not sure what the hold up is or how the selection process works.

• It must be frustrating, as the investigator can only tell you so much. Keep your head up. Good luck.

Comment

• Success101
                  Success101 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you. Happy New Year to everyone!

• Good Luck to everyone preparing for the academy! If you have any questions feel free to inbox me. I graduated from the July 2018 academy. Welcome aboard, best of luck and Happy New Year !

Comment

• I toolk the PO test June 2017 and still have received a packet or anything else. Scored 80. Currently a CO. Is there a number to contact in case they sent me something to my old address?

Comment

• scoops87
                    scoops87 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Im otj too, scored a 90. Called EIU about 2 weeks ago and was informed they still haven’t reached my score yet. Thought the transitional list would’ve been priority like the SL list for the Sgt exam but guess not

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10437 users online. 333 members and 10104 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X