Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumor has it the next class will indeed be off of the Parole Officer list! back to waiting..................

Comment

• Anybody know anything about the academy such as length and stuff?..I'm currently a Correction Officer for NYS DOCCS, just curious on how a transition to parole would be and if I'd be required to go through another academy..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Rush1869 View Post
        Anybody know anything about the academy such as length and stuff?..I'm currently a Correction Officer for NYS DOCCS, just curious on how a transition to parole would be and if I'd be required to go through another academy..

academy is 8 weeks
        you would have to go to the academy since its a different job

Comment

• Ok thanks, I wasn't sure since I know for ISO's (institution safety officers) I wouldn't have to redo an academy, but than again the CO academy supersedes the ISO one

Comment

• Travis64 are you a PO and how do you like it? I am from Long Island and I have just started the process, I am completing my final stage on the 2/19th. I am hoping they are placing some of us in Suffolk.

Comment

• Originally posted by SavvyV View Post
              Travis64 are you a PO and how do you like it? I am from Long Island and I have just started the process, I am completing my final stage on the 2/19th. I am hoping they are placing some of us in Suffolk.
              No i am not
              Sorry to say but the suffolk office is now at full staff

Comment

• They received some new hires from this past class.

Comment

• My one to one psych tomorrow wish me luck!!! Oh does anyone know of a routine to get ready for the academy? This is my last outstanding thing and then I will be waiting for a call. I hear there will be one March 6th and March 27. I hoping I get called soon. DO you really wait 6 months for PO to be called to academy??

Comment

• Work out your core/abs.. Primarily lower abs such as doing flutter kicks. Also do push-ups, jumping jacks (aka side straddle hop) oh and "Jane Fonda" it's kinda hard to explain but it's when your bent over grabbing your ankles and basically squatting up and down while holding your ankles. Those suck lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by SavvyV View Post
                      Travis64 are you a PO and how do you like it? I am from Long Island and I have just started the process, I am completing my final stage on the 2/19th. I am hoping they are placing some of us in Suffolk.
                      Well looks like now suffolk will get 1-2 from the new class
                      Ny is actually hiring before people retire!

Comment

• OH WOW!!! Thank you so much, I hope it is me!!! I will be praying.

Comment

• Yeah Push-ups are my weakness and JANE FONDA..... no comment

Comment

• Savvy are you on the Parole Officer list or the Parole Officer Trainee list?

Comment

• To get ready for PT, do plenty of cardio, jumping jacks and planks. Some ab work, along with upper body will help. Pt for parole is different then the PT Corrections does. I graduated from the last class. Any further questions, feel free to ask. Good luck with the process.

Comment

• Yishaa Perez
                                Yishaa Perez commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Do you know how PT for parole is? I already know how PT for Corrections is..

• Parole qualifies with the glock 19 right ?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4566 users online. 304 members and 4262 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X