300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suffolk County Corrections results

Anyone else waiting for the results to come out? I heard they will be out in march.

You've heard more than me. I am waiting for the results as well.

Comment

Suffolk County has removed the old list from it's website this morning. Look for the new one to go up probably within the week.

Comment

Update: The new list is now online on the Suffolk County Civil Service website. Good luck!

Comment

Yea i see, I recieved a 95 i guess not to bad. Question: Will i defienetly get called and how long till they try putting a class together. Also i have a couple of friends who didn't do as well, how far down the list do they usually go or did they go for the last list? One more thing do suffolk correction officers carry a pistol on and/or off duty? Im pretty sure they are considered peace officers but not to sure what that means.

Comment

Originally posted by richbrown123456 View Post
            Yea i see, I recieved a 95 i guess not to bad. Question: Will i defienetly get called and how long till they try putting a class together. Also i have a couple of friends who didn't do as well, how far down the list do they usually go or did they go for the last list? One more thing do suffolk correction officers carry a pistol on and/or off duty? Im pretty sure they are considered peace officers but not to sure what that means.

Congrats! I also scored a 95. I dont know how far on the list they go but suffolk corrections officers are peace officers and carry an off duty pistol as far as I understand.

Comment

I scored a 95 also. Does anyone know the latest on the contract negotiations and what the current contract pay scale is?
              NYSP............
              Letter of appointment 3/22/08

Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.
              Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

Hey guys I scored a 95 also. As far as how low of a score they will call on the list, I know that they have reached the bottom on past exams. I know a guy who has the job now, and he got on with a score of 70. They seem to move through the list pretty fast. From what I hear there is a pretty high turn over rate within the department. Anyways best of luck to everyone!

Comment

I didnt do as well as i hoped, i only scored a 80, so i doubt my odds of getting called anytime this century are good lol

Comment

I'd like to ask the usual questions on here, like what's the salary chart for the Suffolk Corrections, what's the shift schedule like, and when does anybody think they'd start to call people off this new list?

Comment

Question: I am on my last full semester but I have 2 more classes that need to be taking for me to graduate. So if corrections were to call me are they lenient at all with scheduling so that I would be able to finish school? I understand this would not be possible at first but like a year down the road after being hired will they make any time for me to go to school I can probably do it all 1 day a week in the morning or night but if they are going to give me random scheduling with no regards for my schedule I will not be able to accomplish this so just wondering if there’s any way for me to finish once I am in?

Comment

Looks like I am in the 95 club too. I agree with 2grit. Most corrections jobs have a pretty high turn-over. I guess once people start doing the job, they realize they don't like it. Which is a good thing, because you don't want anybody like that around when the crap hits the fan.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieRichNY1 View Post
                          Looks like I am in the 95 club too. I agree with 2grit. Most corrections jobs have a pretty high turn-over. I guess once people start doing the job, they realize they don't like it. Which is a good thing, because you don't want anybody like that around when the crap hits the fan.
                          Alot of people in the Suffolk Sheriff Corrections Division use the CO job as a "stepping stone" to the Suffolk County Police or the Suffolk Sheriff Law Enforcement Division (aka deputy sheriffs).

That is also why they hire more COs more frequently and in larger numbers then they do for deputy sheriffs or for SCPD officers.

Comment

Yeah, I see that happening too. I am most likely going to take the Sheriff's exam this year. Another $100.00 handout.

Comment

Does anybody know when they might be starting calling back applicants from this exam? Additionally, does anybody know how many CO's they plan to hire from the list? Thanks.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4986 users online. 319 members and 4667 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X