We also issue ECB's.
    NYPD January 2009
    Medical - 9/02/08 - Pass
    JST - 9/03/08 - Pass
    Written Psych - 09/15/08 - Completed
    Oral Psych - 09/30/08 - Completed
    Meet with BI - 10/13/08 - Completed

Comment

A 30 is a good collar! not too often can you actually find the guys!

Thats cool you give out a courtesy call to boost their #'s.

Gotta run to the gym,

LATER!
      Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

We just recently closed out a pattern with the borough on a series of 30's. Our development has always been plagued by those that target the delivery guys.
        NYPD January 2009
        Medical - 9/02/08 - Pass
        JST - 9/03/08 - Pass

Comment

Its disheartening that the delivery guys that barely speak english get so scared when the police show up. They never want to press charges or help in the investigation. Dont they know that New York City is a DONT ASK DONT TELL city? I am not going to ask you if you are illegal and you dont have to tell me. If you are a victim, I treat you like a victim and not like a off the boat immigrant that got here via life raft.

Oh well.

Good job.

Comment

It is what it is unfortunately. I speak the language and try to reassure them it's ok to ID these guys so we can take them off the street. 9 times out of 10 they're lucky to be alive and decline to even pursue the matter.

One of the few times a guy ID'd, he was gung ho about it. He chased these guys around until we showed up to collar them. Turned out before he came here (he was legal) he was a cop in China and told me he worked too damn hard to let some skells take his money. Quite a set on our CV, these guys were armed with steak knives and he never backed down.

Again, the exception, not the rule.
            NYPD January 2009
            Medical - 9/02/08 - Pass
            JST - 9/03/08 - Pass

Comment

ahh.. just to reinforce my previous post as TLC OFFICERS known as NYC'S PROUDEST.

To All Interested Parties:

TLC LAUNCHES "OPERATION: SECRET RIDER" TO ENFORCE PASSENGER BILL OF RIGHTS

The New York City Taxi and Limousine Commission (TLC) today launched a new undercover initiative designed to measure the compliance of medallion taxicab drivers with regulations prohibiting cell phone use and rudeness, allowing passengers to use credit cards for payment, as well as other regulations tied to the "Taxi Passenger Bill of Rights." The TLC will be assisted by Police Officers from the Surface Transportation Enforcement District (STED), who will also be undercover.

Operation: Secret Rider, modeled to some extent after the "secret shopper" quality assurance programs that have been successfully used in the retail and service industries, kicked off simultaneously today in various locations throughout the city. TLC Officers, also known as New York's Proudest, have been specially trained to simulate both local and tourist taxi passengers, and ride an unspecified distance to gauge drivers' performance in delivering the levels of customer service required by law.

Balancing the positive with the negative, TLC Officers will also be on the lookout for drivers that provide exemplary service, flagging them for consideration of honors at the TLC's Annual Driver Recognition Ceremony.

Said TLC Commissioner Matthew W. Daus, "Passengers deserve a driver whose full attention is to the job, and who is ready, willing and able to follow the Passenger Bill of Rights to a 'T.' Most drivers understand that they are professionals, working in a service industry, and do a great job. We believe this program will very effectively drive the point home to those who don't fully understand that fact, and prevent our having to stiffen penalties to make the same point.

"The bottom line is that drivers will never know whether their passenger is a
              'Secret Rider', so the sooner they get their priorities in order, the better."

Selected Enforcement Categories and Associated Penalties

Driver may not refuse Passenger Request of method of payment, including credit card
              ->Fine: $150 - $350

Driver may not use a telephone while operating a taxicab, unless such taxicab shall be legally standing or parked
              ->Fine: $200, plus 2 Persistent Violator Program Points

A driver shall be courteous to passengers
              ->Fine: $150 plus 2 Persistent Violator Points

The Persistent Violator Program (PVP) accrues, upon conviction, points for
              violations of TLC regulations typically specific to providing customer service. If a driver reaches a threshold of six PVP points within a 15-month floating window, the driver will receive a 30-day TLC license suspension. If a driver reaches a threshold of 10 PVP points within such a 15-month period, the penalty is automatic TLC license revocation.

While Operation: Secret Rider will be the most public aspect of this customer
              service initiative, the TLC will be pursuing other avenues to ensure that passengers receive the highest levels of customer service to which they are entitled, and the Passenger Bill of Rights promises. For one thing, the TLC will be "beefing up" the Bill of Rights to include such things as "the right to pay by debit or credit card on request." This will put drivers on notice as to what is expected of them, as well as informing passengers about what is and what is not acceptable in terms of the regulations and code of conduct that all drivers must follow in order to provide the expected passenger experience.

The New York City Taxi and Limousine Commission (TLC) was created in 1971,
              and is the agency responsible for the regulation and licensing of almost 200,000 yellow medallion taxicabs and for-hire vehicles, their drivers, and the businesses that operate and support their industries. It is recognized as the largest and most active taxi and limousine regulatory body in the United States.

To find out more about the TLC, or to review its rules, regulations and
              procedures, we encourage you to visit our official web site at www.nyc.gov/taxi or call 311 in New York City, or 212-NEW-YORK from outside of New York City.

Comment

maybe theyre NYC's finest since TBTA is not a city agency.
                sigpic

Comment

I am a active TLC officer, ask me any questions about the job and i will gladly respond back. I will tell you all about what the job entails and operations that we conduct

Comment

Originally posted by griz71 View Post
                    I am a active TLC officer, ask me any questions about the job and i will gladly respond back. I will tell you all about what the job entails and operations that we conduct

please share your experiences/ opinions

Comment

TLC Enforcement

The enforcement issue from TLC is we enforce the administrative laws of the city of New York in regards to the for hire indusrty, car stops are performed on medallion cabs and for-hire (black cars, livery cars etc.)if there are violations summonses are served to the driver or mailed to owners, illegal cars posing as car services are seized and owners must appear at court to retreive. Tlc Officers make arrests, testify in court, and issue same summonses as NYPD (moving violations, parking summonses crim. court)
                      we are issued handcuffs,mace and asp batons,(which is not enough)we make at least 100-200 car stops in a 24 hrs period. all officers are special patrolman in the city of New York and are New York State Peace Officers according to nyscpl

Comment

a lot of great info guys.. how you been doing Griz71?

how long does it takes to get on the job? would u tell me some of the pro and cons, since Im going to take the exam next week... any info/advices will be appreciated.

thanks!
                        Protecting America with Vigilance, Integrity, & Service

Comment

Originally posted by griz71 View Post
                          Years later... Are you a TLC Officer still? How do u like the job, any changes to the department? Pros or cons in your eyes? Hows the recruitment? Agility? I hope u read this, I seem to be on my way in let me know!

Comment

Nine years later. Nice Necropost...
                            Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                              Nine years later. Nice Necropost...
                              Well smaller departments especially like TLC changes dramatically in their processing in a matter of 9 to 10 years. New qualifications, a change in certain procedures and what they may carry, they may have increased with more units. Taxis themselves are very different from when the post was first put up oh, so it's worth asking questions. Especially since I'm joining now. And look, to be somebody is still on this post looking at responses. Do you work for TLC yourself? Might you have some answers?

Comment

Just received initial med email. Interview was in September. Thought I wasn’t called since I didn’t hear anything.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6452 users online. 202 members and 6250 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X