300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taxi & Limo Enforcement?

Anyone know anything about this agency? I looked on the NYC Taxi & Limo Comm. website but I could not find a mention of any type of "enforcement" division (as you can see on the rear corner panel). One would assume the agency is still around (the copyright on the photo is 2005), but I can't find anything on them. Thanks in advance guys (and gals).

They had a job posting for a supervisory (chief?) position up in June of 2007. It's still available on the web here: http://www.nyc.gov/html/tlc/download...ob_10079_c.pdf

That posting might give you a little bit of the information you're looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by nycool2
      Wow did you see how much money they make?
      That's the salary for a Chief.

Those guys aren't cops, in fact they bust other cops' chops, and have a holier than thouh attitude because they work for a little known agency. Most of them wouldn't last 6 seconds on the street if they had to do real police work.

Comment

Originally posted by hxd View Post
        They had a job posting for a supervisory (chief?) position up in June of 2007. It's still available on the web here: http://www.nyc.gov/html/tlc/download...ob_10079_c.pdf

That posting might give you a little bit of the information you're looking for.
        Thank you. Do you know if they are peace/police officers? I can see a paramiltary structure with regards to ranks (chief, etc.) but I still don't know if they are enforcing laws. I would assume they are at least enforcing some part of the VTL if that lightbar is a color other than amber.

Wow did you see how much money they make?
        Well that figure is for a chief's position.

Comment

Originally posted by FL5OH View Post
          That's the salary for a Chief.

Those guys aren't cops, in fact they bust other cops' chops, and have a holier than thouh attitude because they work for a little known agency. Most of them wouldn't last 6 seconds on the street if they had to do real police work.
          I see they don't have a good rep.

Comment

Originally posted by leeza View Post
            Thank you. Do you know if they are peace/police officers? I can see a paramiltary structure with regards to ranks (chief, etc.) but I still don't know if they are enforcing laws. I would assume they are at least enforcing some part of the VTL if that lightbar is a color other than amber.
            They are designated as "Special Patrolmen" by the City. Under NYS CPL, they are sworn as peace officers as opposed to police officers. This gives them the authority to enforce laws in the scope of their duty, which generally includes enforcement of T&LC regulations and state and municipal laws regarding the regulation of taxis, limousines, and certain other "for hire" vehicles. To the best of my knowledge, they are unarmed.

Comment

they are NYC Special Patrolman who enforce hack licenses etc. anything related to taxi and limo commission. They can enforce VTL and NYC Traffic regs as well. not much of a LE job.
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks guys. Just keeping up on what agencies I should apply to. I won't bother with that one. I should have cracked open my CPL book because I don't even remember them being listed. I need the supplements for it anyway though. Thanks again.

Comment

Thanks for the reminder... I should order my PL and CPL updates, with the new year here and all.

For what it's worth, this has been also been discussed a couple times here.
                  http://forums.officer.com/showthread.php?t=53226
                  http://forums.officer.com/showthread.php?t=34735

Comment

leeza....Check CPL Sect. 2.10 Sub 27......T&LC inspectors are Special Patrolmen appointed by the Police Commissioner maintain their Peace Officer powers off duty. I do not believe T&LC Inspectors are allowed to be armed by their job.

Comment

leeza....Check CPL Sect. 2.10 Sub 27......T&LC inspectors are Special Patrolmen appointed by the Police Commissioner maintain their Peace Officer powers off duty. I do not believe T&LC Inspectors are allowed to be armed by their job.
                      Looking at it right now. Ok yeah, middle of the paragraph specifically mentions this agency. And yeah, looks like they can't carry unless its pursuant to 400.00 of the penal and they're authorized by the agency. I figured they were peace officers. NYC had something a while back that I saw on the civil service site called "Special Officer." It was also a peace officer position and I never applied. Anyway, thanks Dino, you're always a help .

Comment

Originally posted by hxd View Post
                        Thanks for the reminder... I should order my PL and CPL updates, with the new year here and all.

For what it's worth, this has been also been discussed a couple times here.
                        http://forums.officer.com/showthread.php?t=53226
                        http://forums.officer.com/showthread.php?t=34735
                        Oh wow I didn't expect it to be discussed already. I thought it was relatively unknown due to the lack of information I found. Thanks.

Comment

From my dealings and talking with TLC Officers.. TLC is a great gig with lots of overtime. They just do not like their current chief as she was an ex attorney and really tried to limit their plainclothes units as well as uniformed units on what their job duties should be. I believe she is on her way out and they can smile again soon.

Personally, I have had nothing but great dealings with TLC Officers.

I guess TBTA is not much of a LE job neither collecting tolls and stopping cars that are already stopped in a non working EZ PASS lane.
                          Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

"I guess TBTA is not much of a LE job neither collecting tolls and stopping cars that are already stopped in a non working EZ PASS lane"

thats totally wrong, most positions are enforcement related. TBTA has a highway unit that is solely dedicated to enforcement duties, a truck enforcement unit is being created and they also have a commercial vehichle enforcment unit. Toll work is often OT, and are most of the time staffed with temporary bridge and tunnel officers who have no law enforcement status. The bridge and tunnel officers who are assigned to a booth are not assigned for the whole tour, maybe just 2 hours or so and then is put either on a fixer or in a RMP. TBTA leads over MTA Police with issued summonses AND arrests yearly.
                            sigpic

Comment

I Worked For Nyc Tlc And It Is Nyc's Best Kept Law Enforcement Peace Officer Job,,,,,we Drive Around In Marked And Unmarked Rmp With Light And Sirens,,,,,we Get The Same Cars As Nypd,,,we Work Closley With Nypd And Tbta,,,,we Seize Illegal Vehicles And Arrest Perps All Day Every Day In My 2 Years I Had 50-60 Arrests,,,and We Work City Wide Which Is All 5 Boros In The Baddest Neighborhoods,,car Chases,,,,uses Of Physical Force ,,its A Real Cowboy Job,,we Have All Nypd Equipment Vests,,, Cuffss,,,oc Spray,....asp Baton,,,nypc Detective Star Badge,,,,tax Id Etc ,,,,etc,,except Firearm,,,,,we Make Dangerous Car Stop 24/7 Livery Cars And Civillian Vehicles,,,,,we Issue Nyc Parking Tickets,,,,moving Violation Tickets,,,,criminal Court Summons,,,same As Nypd,,,,,,we Are 24/7 (nys)peace Officers And (nypd) Special Patorlman,,,,so We Have The Best Of Both Worlds Powers.......alot Of Retired Pd On The Job,,,,,,so Dont Knock It Until You Heard About It From A Tlc Officer
                              CARE, CUSTODY AND CONTROL
                              FIRM, FAIR AND CONSISTENT

DOING 25 TO LIFE, 8 HOURS @ A TIME

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9195 users online. 348 members and 8847 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X