300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrest credit

I just wanted to know when you and your partner make an arrest ,who gets the credit? I ve read on this website that for the NYPD ,as an officer you have to make a certain amount of arrest and you have to issue a certain amount of tickets. How do the numbers break down between you and your partner ,then what happens if you call for backup ? Who gets the credit then? Is it the officer that does the paperwork?
    Its better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

theirs is no such thing as you "have" to do certain things because it sounds like a quota system. the proper term is you have to meet you're "professional goal" and if you don't meet your "professional" goal you'll have a nice talk with your sgt.

I'm not sure how you split it. but I can tell you that when you're the FNG and you make a felony arrest one of the older guys will most likely take the collar for you. and I think don't quote me on this the person that gets the credit for the arrest is the person that goes down on the paper work as the arresting officer.
    "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

the actual term is "productivity goal". And the rookie is the one that usually has collars dumped on him, between the OLBS, aided cards etc. and officer is looking at hours of paperwork, then processing fingerprinting etc. no one wants to do it.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gbotj View Post
        the actual term is "productivity goal". And the rookie is the one that usually has collars dumped on him, between the OLBS, aided cards etc. and officer is looking at hours of paperwork, then processing fingerprinting etc. no one wants to do it.
        shoot screw that, collars for dollars.
        I have to pay off those college loans lol
        "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

"shoot screw that, collars for dollars."

not anymore now you get relieved at end of tour and the day tour (for some reason I'm assuming your on nights...I dont know, just go along with it. lol) guy takes it from there.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gbotj View Post
            "shoot screw that, collars for dollars."

not anymore now you get relieved at end of tour and the day tour (for some reason I'm assuming your on nights...I dont know, just go along with it. lol) guy takes it from there.
            Guy, that doesn't happen everywhere in NYPD. Some precincts are under the microscope for over time. In those cases, guys will be relieved at the end of their tour in certain circumstances. Most everywhere else you stay with your collar.

Comment

Originally posted by wnt2bacop View Post
              Guy, that doesn't happen everywhere in NYPD. Some precincts are under the microscope for over time. In those cases, guys will be relieved at the end of their tour in certain circumstances. Most everywhere else you stay with your collar.
              Relief during an arrest to save money? WOW....it is bad enought that they pay less then 30 grand to start. Like NY is on the brink of going broke...im sure that all of this nonsense makes the NYPD coppers wanna go out and hit'em hardWhat do they do about court time afterward?
              And the road becomes my bride.

Comment

The on-line booking system has 2 spots.

spot 1 is for ARRESTING OFFICER
                spot 2 is for ASSIGNED OFFICER

usually if you have a partner and you need 2 collars a piece for the month, they have a verbal agreemement with each other on who is taking what and when.

the new online booking system is a piece of cake and you can be done with a collar in about an hour, btwn doing your onlines, "61", photos, fingerprints and vouchering. It just depends where you work and how fast YOU want to do it.
                Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

well I havent really talked too much about NYPD processing since the OT cap was started since then it has lightened up.

And about how long it takes, in nassau it takes hours. NCPD and SCPD have alot more tedious paperwork than the city.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nycool2
                    Thats why when I become a cop Its not going to be in the NYPD
                    That's the same thing I said and I bet so did other thousand of people, but hey I don't feel like waiting around for 4years for NCPD,SCPD,NYSP,PAPD,MTAPD to call me. I rather go into the NYPD and get some good experiance and then try to get something better. we all have to start some where even if its not where we want.
                    "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

BUMP! I am getting older by the day!

Comment

Used to be that if it was an open 61 the squad got it no matter who made the collar.

Comment

theirs is no such thing as you "have" to do certain things because it sounds like a quota system. the proper term is you have to meet you're "professional goal" and if you don't meet your "professional" goal you'll have a nice talk with your sgt.

I'm not sure how you split it. but I can tell you that when you're the FNG and you make a felony arrest one of the older guys will most likely take the collar for you. and I think don't quote me on this the person that gets the credit for the arrest is the person that goes down on the paper work as the arresting officer.
                          John2008's heart is in the right place, but he is not an officer yet........

ARMY2PD, the way it works in my precinct is we alternate. One day I'm the operator (driver) and my partner is the recorder (passenger) and then the next day we switch. For the most part we do that with summonses as well. He writes one and then I write one. As far as arrests go, same thing unless it's your turn, but you have something to do after tour, then, if your partner has no plans after work, he may take it. Also, at roll call (pre-tour meeting) the people that are looking for a collar may let everyone know, so that if something may come up in another sector, and the assigned sector car isn't looking for the arrest, he may call his buddy who is looking.

In my precinct I work the midnight tour, and that tour has a lot of collar hounds, (go getters, as far as arrests are concerned). We are a fairly proactive group. I have a few years on this job, and I still collar up a lot. I won't slap cuffs on a perp and pass it on to a rookie, it's not my style. We all have our motives, for me, it's partially for the overtime money, and partially because I want to get into a specialized unit.

As far as who gets the credit for the arrest, only one officer can take the credit for the arrest.

Scenario 1: The officer who gets the credit for the arrest is the officer that processes the arrest and generates an arrest number. In other words, if you put the cuffs on a perp, bing him back to the house and process the arrest under your tax i.d. number, the credit is yours.

Scenario 2: If you cuff up a perp, bring him back to the house but pass the collar to your buddy who is looking for an arrest, then he gets the credit. In this case you are the arresting officer, but he is the assigned officer and gets the credit.

As you find a good partner that you can work well with, each car will have their own system.

I hope this clarifies things for you guys, and good luck with your hiring process.

Comment

Thank you for the information NYPD314 , Good luck with getting into that specialized Unit!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3254 users online. 149 members and 3105 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X