300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gbotj View Post
    SNEU is pretty much go around and lock up the street drug dealers, any buyers....and thats what narco is pretty much like. Neither really does much investigative work, even if they tell you they do...all smoke and mirrors.
    No offense bro, but your a student how do you have such knowledge of the inner workings of the NYPD
    It is better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you are not

Comment

I really dont feel like explaining again. just trust me.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Big Will View Post
        No offense bro, but your a student how do you have such knowledge of the inner workings of the NYPD
        I was interested too so I checked out his previous posts. This should explain it http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...24#post1020224

Comment

Originally posted by 5K Runner View Post
          I was interested too so I checked out his previous posts. This should explain it http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...24#post1020224
          Ok gbotj, you have effectively shut me up. Good luck with tbta
          It is better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you are not

Comment

haha. thanks man, good luck with your endeavors too.
            sigpic

Comment

so SNEU and narcos are similar in their responsibilities and jobs, and both are still a good way to get a gold shield? how do you become accepted by SNEU, what are their qualifications? thanks for the info by the way i really appreciate it i wish i was surrounded by friends and family who could give me answers to all my law enforcement questions.

Comment

Narco is supposed to be alot more investigation oriented than SNEU but for some reason they'd rather go out after the small time guys. Dont get me wrong, they still go after the big fishes but the majority is street level.

I'm not too sure if SNEU is part of an Investigations unit, so it may not be an automatic promotion to Det. after 18 months in the unit. You can definately make Det. by working SNEU because they do make some good collars.

Qualifications for SNEU are pretty much the same as an Anti Crime Unit, have good numbers (summonses, and arrests). Other than that theres really nothing else.
                sigpic

Comment

very interesting...thanks again for the info.

Comment

oh boy

Originally posted by nodeal View Post
                    very interesting...thanks again for the info.
                    .Any unit is what you your fellow cops make it. i spent a year and a half in narco(96-98) as sgt in bnnd.A lot of routine bs,filthy skells and low level dealers.But the fun is when you can turn someone and get higher up the ladder. One like this:We grabbed a guy dealing crack who was on lifetime parole.He gave up his first cousin, a local gun dealer,who he lived with,for consideration.We ended up buying 6 guns and worked with the atf task force for about 5 weeks.Not only was it fun,we made tons of ot and took down 3 levels of gun dealers in 4 states. Id like to think the guns we bought and the collars we made saved the lives of our brother officers.
                    retired cop

Comment

"we made tons of ot and took down 3 levels of gun dealers in 4 states"

collars for dollars
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bklynbob View Post
                        .Any unit is what you your fellow cops make it. i spent a year and a half in narco(96-98) as sgt in bnnd.A lot of routine bs,filthy skells and low level dealers.But the fun is when you can turn someone and get higher up the ladder. One like this:We grabbed a guy dealing crack who was on lifetime parole.He gave up his first cousin, a local gun dealer,who he lived with,for consideration.We ended up buying 6 guns and worked with the atf task force for about 5 weeks.Not only was it fun,we made tons of ot and took down 3 levels of gun dealers in 4 states. Id like to think the guns we bought and the collars we made saved the lives of our brother officers.
                        wow sounds like a blast. thanks for the story. you are right, any unit is what you make of it. catching a small fish and getting bigger fish.

Comment

I think my dept is starting a anti-drug unit, i'd be interested in looking into it. Does the SNEU do surveillance and all on street corners and in buildings, or is that Narcotics?
                          The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                          that we are all that stands between
                          the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

what does narco actually look for when applying? Just alot of collars?

Comment

Originally posted by jd4197 View Post
                              what does narco actually look for when applying? Just alot of collars?
                              This thread is from 14 years ago- if you have a question, just start a new thread...with proper capitalization and spelling.

Comment

• Rh992
                                Rh992 commented
                                Editing a comment
                                I was gonna say that, who tf necro posts on a 14 year old thread. Lol.

• jd4197
                                jd4197 commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Its a forum calm down.

Originally posted by nodeal View Post
                              is it only bad in the nypd or in other departments too?
                              I've been retired now for a long time, but many years ago, LAPD used to limit assignments to Vice and Narcotics to 18 months. Their logic was that of all the cops that got dirty in the past working those assignments, none did so before working those details for at least 18 months.

I don't know if that's still the case. Some of the LAPD guys may want to chime in and advise.

Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

• Aidokea
                                Aidokea commented
                                Editing a comment
                                You're responding to a question asked 14 years ago- some astronaut necroposted and brought it back to the top...

• L-1
                                L-1 commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Dumb me. I didn't notice that until just a few minutes ago. Its the alzheimers that comes with retirement. Remember, your golden years turn into lead years very quickly.

• Aidokea
                                Aidokea commented
                                Editing a comment
                                No worries- you're still about the smartest guy here...

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4702 users online. 292 members and 4410 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X