300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok guys, why is narcos so bad?

seriously, i want to know. nobody has answered the question adequately. why is it so bad, especially if you want a gold shield? is it only bad in the nypd or in other departments too? is it what the job entails that is so bad? i heard rookies in narcos get jammed up easily, but how? what is it that makes it so bad?! i need to know!!!!!

Originally posted by nodeal View Post
    seriously, i want to know. nobody has answered the question adequately. why is it so bad, especially if you want a gold shield? is it only bad in the nypd or in other departments too? is it what the job entails that is so bad? i heard rookies in narcos get jammed up easily, but how? what is it that makes it so bad?! i need to know!!!!!
    Because the rooks get thrown into the lions den without getting adequately trained so its very easy for them to get jammed up. Also when they do get jammed up the NYPD is ready to throw them to the political hacks. Its damned if you do damned if you don't.

Best solution is the lay low, go home at the end of your tour and make it out at 20 with a full pension.

Comment

What I want to know, and I've from people on this forum, is that once you're in, it's hard to get out...why?

Comment

because they have such a hard time getting people in the unit, that they will not let anyone leave. If you want to be in narcotics, go into SNEU (street narcotics enforcement unit) now they pretty much do the same thing.....Narco is a glorified SNEU.
        sigpic

Comment

is it just as easy to get into SNEU than narcs?

Comment

from what I'm told its about the same as getting into anti-crime.
            sigpic

Comment

right out of the academy? Or do you need time under your belt...

Comment

you have to be off probation.
                sigpic

Comment

how come some people have said narcos come around and pick up recruits right out of the academy?

Comment

because those people think they know what they're talking about when they hear someone say they pick up rookies.
                    sigpic

Comment

Hah, I was going to say, that'd be amazing if they picked up rookies that quickly.

Comment

Im sure if they could they would.
                        sigpic

Comment

Narcotics has been known to pick up guys straight out of the academy for use as undercovers, especially if they speak a language that is needed i.e russian, crieole, etc.

But you cannot apply yourself until you complete probation.

Comment

Originally posted by gbotj View Post
                            because they have such a hard time getting people in the unit, that they will not let anyone leave. If you want to be in narcotics, go into SNEU (street narcotics enforcement unit) now they pretty much do the same thing.....Narco is a glorified SNEU.
                            what is the job of SNEU? how is it compared to narcs, and why is it better? what do they base their acceptance on? i assume its an investigative unit that you can earn your gold shield through?

Comment

SNEU is pretty much go around and lock up the street drug dealers, any buyers....and thats what narco is pretty much like. Neither really does much investigative work, even if they tell you they do...all smoke and mirrors.
                              sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3950 users online. 260 members and 3690 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X