Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone hear any news? What is the deal with those canvas letters received last week? Does anyone know when we will be contacted again?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kannons610 View Post
      Anyone hear any news? What is the deal with those canvas letters received last week? Does anyone know when we will be contacted again?
      Although everyone handed them in early they werent due back for 7 business days. Give Civil Service some time. Alot of us are going threw the Suffolk County Sheriff Corrections process and its anything but fast. We started sometime in March 08.

Comment

• gbotj?

Originally posted by gbotj View Post
        Apparently there will be a class of 30 or so Deps in early portion of 2009. If the legislature approves a PD class for 90 or so recruits then it will be held off until the PD class goes in which is usually around fall time.

There is currently an east end PD class in, and I dont think they graduate for another couple months.
        where do you get your info from? I spoke with someone at the sheriff's office and all that they told me was that he see's a class going in either the spring or summer of 09'...nothing about size though?

Comment

• just talking to guys, nothing to do with their hiring unit or anything. I didnt take the test, I was just talking to a few people about the hiring issue and classes.

Its just word of mouth so dont bank on it. Just take it into consideration.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by gbotj View Post
            just talking to guys, nothing to do with their hiring unit or anything. I didnt take the test, I was just talking to a few people about the hiring issue and classes.

Its just word of mouth so dont bank on it. Just take it into consideration.
            do you know how the process works after getting the canvass letter? Such as when they begin calling you in for an interview and the physical etc? I'm asking because I've only taking a couple of civil service tests and one was the sheriff's(100). thanks

Comment

• no, sorry, I dont know the process. all I know is there is a medical, physical, psych, background investigation, and polygraph.
              sigpic

Comment

• There is no polygraph in the sheriffs department.

Comment

• Originally posted by boxer127 View Post
                  There is no polygraph in the sheriffs department.
                  I thought DeMarco wanted to start them?

I definitely read something about this in Newsday not that long ago, apparently civilian employees have to take polygraphs but deputy sheriffs and correction officers dont and the sheriff wants to change it so everyone takes the polygraph.

Comment

• This article came out like a week ago saying they were only hiring 10 guys for 2009. That sucks.

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/ny...tory?track=rss

Comment

• Since it looks like Sheriffs will remain highway patrol they should hire the 80 deputies that the one lawmaker suggested. Also it seems there will be no police class for Suffolk Pd in 09. So why not fill the Sheriffs academy with deputies. Just my .02
                      When the public needs help, they call the police. When the police need help, they call ESU.

" To Protect and Serve"

Comment

• Yea i was thinking the same thing. Probably has to do with budgeting and also the sheriffs dept isn't that beg to begin with. The good news is that there are still 3 years left to get called. If the state police doesnt take over the LIE in a year or so maybe they will hire alot more sheriffs.

Comment

• Does anybody know what the sheriffs tour schedule is? Do they work similar tours to the NYPD?

Comment

• I heard some people who got 100 received a phone call? Anyone have any information about what they said? I also heard that they are looking for people with academy experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kannons610 View Post
                              I heard some people who got 100 received a phone call? Anyone have any information about what they said? I also heard that they are looking for people with academy experience.
                              I received a call from an investigator last week. He basically called just to verify my current mailing address, and current employment. The investigator said that I would be receiving a letter hopefully within the next 6-8 weeks. He wasn't sure exactly when the letters would be going out yet, just said to keep an eye out for it.

Comment

• Did he say what the letter was for?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4228 users online. 226 members and 4002 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X