300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYPD Jan 2008 class

Anybody waiting like I am for the academy in Jan 08?
    STAY ALERT! STAY ALIVE!

no, but I was waiting for someone to start this thread I'll be looking at the july academy.

Comment

Jan 08 class

Originally posted by IAmJeff View Post
      no, but I was waiting for someone to start this thread I'll be looking at the july academy.
      Really I am waiting to hear back from my BI. I am done with everything, going crazy waiting.
      STAY ALERT! STAY ALIVE!

Comment

Expect to get your answer on the weekend before the academy starts. My BI was done 6 months before I went in (I was supposed to go into a jan class, decided to go into a July class) and I still found out the Friday to report Monday. Would you believe I was called early.

Comment

Jan 08 class

Originally posted by Revsone View Post
          Expect to get your answer on the weekend before the academy starts. My BI was done 6 months before I went in (I was supposed to go into a jan class, decided to go into a July class) and I still found out the Friday to report Monday. Would you believe I was called early.
          Tell me your joking. That is crazy, I hear alot of people say the same thing. What date is it?
          Last edited by MJP; 10-27-2007, 03:51 PM. Reason: mispelled word
          STAY ALERT! STAY ALIVE!

Comment

I'm waiting for the July 2008 class.
            "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

hey john, I noticed your signature changed...what happened with psp, nysp, etc?

Comment

Originally posted by IAmJeff View Post
                hey john, I noticed your signature changed...what happened with psp, nysp, etc?
                I'm still testing for them, I just felt like changing the sig it got kinda of boring to me lol.
                "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

Originally posted by MJP View Post
                  Anybody waiting like I am for the academy in Jan 08?
                  Hopefully I will be ready for July 08.
                  My Progress...
                  NYPD
                  ----Written - Passed
                  ----Need more credits.
                  Suffolk County Corrections
                  ----Written - Passed
                  Fairfax County PD
                  ----Written - Passed
                  ----PHS - Sent
                  ----Polygraph - 03/03/08
                  Suffolk County PD (not happening)
                  Suffolk County Deputy Sheriff
                  ----Written: 5/17/08

Comment

At this point I'm just waiting for the call, I guess. Everything's done but the mini-med, and my BI says things look good so far (had my paperwork in for a bit now, he's contacted my boss, spoken to references, etc.). More than 24 hours' notice would be nice, but hey...as long as I get there, right?

I'm really happy to hear about the $15,000 over five years tuition reimbursement that the January class is apparently getting. Now all we need is a raise...
                    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

"You've got to be good in this business, but you've got to get a lot of breaks. If you don't realize that, if you really think you're sitting here because of your genius or anything, I don't know, maybe your background is different, but I got my butt kicked a lot at every level, including this one."

- Stan Van Gundy

Comment

yep waiting on the january 2008 class as well.
                      everything's gine well so far according to my BI, and my references were just called last week.
                      only problem is I might come down with orders to go to afghanistan so this might have to be deferred....but we'll see.

Comment

i have to submit my paperworks to my BI after missing two appointments. i should be in for the 2008 jan class

Comment

I'm waiting for the class in Jan too. I have completed everything successfully also. Aparentlly when my BI told me I had passed the Psych she seemed happy, I knew I passed, but she wanted to re-assure me that I did. Anyone else get this?

Also...NYPD YEA!!!

Comment

I'm also waiting for the January class to start. I still have to take my physical agility exam.

Comment

Originally posted by Teslaus View Post
                              I'm waiting for the class in Jan too. I have completed everything successfully also. Aparentlly when my BI told me I had passed the Psych she seemed happy, I knew I passed, but she wanted to re-assure me that I did. Anyone else get this?

Also...NYPD YEA!!!
                              My investigator didn't even mention to me that I'd passed the psych - I actually found out when the psychologist that had interviewed me called and left a voice message on my phone.

My understanding is that the oral psych is what disqualifies a lot of candidates, so maybe that's why your BI was pleased that you passed. Not sure if it's true or not, but a lot of people I've talked to have made comments to the effect that the psychologists don't really think like cops, don't really like cops, etc. etc. My psychologist seemed to give a tough but fair oral interview and was helpful while I was getting in records to her and whatnot, so I have no complaints.
                              Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

"You've got to be good in this business, but you've got to get a lot of breaks. If you don't realize that, if you really think you're sitting here because of your genius or anything, I don't know, maybe your background is different, but I got my butt kicked a lot at every level, including this one."

- Stan Van Gundy

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4648 users online. 284 members and 4364 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X