300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Written Psych Test Question

This may be sort of a stupid question but, I was wondering what I should wear to the test? Should cotton pants and dress shirt be worn?

Thanks,

RJ
    Last edited by mooseman; 09-25-2007, 12:43 PM.
    Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way round or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves ~ Bruce Lee

Totally miss-read your post. I need to go to sleep been up for too long.

WEAR A SUIT.
    Last edited by John2008; 09-23-2007, 11:00 PM.
    "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

John2008,

Thank you for the quick response. I wasn't sure if a suit should be worn.

Thanks again,
      Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way round or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

*deleted POST*
        Last edited by John2008; 09-23-2007, 10:58 PM.
        "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

Originally posted by POCHEDDAR
          Let me give you a word of advice. Anytime you have to make an apperance related to obtaining any kind of professional job LE related or not, wear a suit and tie. I have interviewed a few hundred people in my current job over the past ten years and the ones who came in dressed professionally were the ones who usually made it. Take this job seriously from day one. If you think there not looking at you your wrong. A few of us even went to the medical for the NYSPP in suits. Believe me it matters. Oh! and another thing to anyone reading this. Your BI packets, do yourselves a favor and take the time to type it.
          Good Luck bud and keep us posted!
          Heck, for the ECO PAT, even some of those guys wore suits... not the most comfortable attire to try to run 1.5 miles in, but obviously they changed out of em before then

Comment

Originally posted by POCHEDDAR
            Let me give you a word of advice. Anytime you have to make an apperance related to obtaining any kind of professional job LE related or not, wear a suit and tie. I have interviewed a few hundred people in my current job over the past ten years and the ones who came in dressed professionally were the ones who usually made it. Take this job seriously from day one. If you think there not looking at you your wrong. A few of us even went to the medical for the NYSPP in suits. Believe me it matters. Oh! and another thing to anyone reading this. Your BI packets, do yourselves a favor and take the time to type it.
            Good Luck bud and keep us posted!

Thanks for the information! I am applying with the Rochester PD.

concordia,

When I received my package from the PD it stated to wear work out clothes to the PAT test. Should I wear a suit to the PAT test and change into workout clothes?

Thank you to everyone that has responded to my question.
            Last edited by mooseman; 09-25-2007, 12:44 PM.

Comment

mooseman- Have you heard anything new about when the academy might start...because the people whom I have talked to have said the process seems to be going faster then usual? I'm just generally curious if they plan on having academy sooner then the April or March 2008 date that they mentioned before.

I had the PT Test, Medical Test, and Psych Test all last week, and even have already had some of my references contacted.

Comment

Originally posted by mooseman View Post
                concordia,

When I received my package from the PD it stated to wear work out clothes to the PAT test. Should I wear a suit to the PAT test and change into workout clothes?

Thank you to everyone that has responded to my question.
                Hey Moose... yes, definitely wear work out gear for the PAT. I just meant that some people didn't know that for the PAT, and showed up in suits -- they had to change out of them to participate in the PAT Wear something you're going to be comfortable doing all the physical tests in. Good luck!

Comment

dude loosen up interview is def a suit but for the psych i wore jeans and a t shirt. wear whatever u want but u will see what i am talking about u wanna be confortable because that test is about 1300 question and u are gonna be there for about 6.5 hours and u are gonna leave with a biggg headache. goodluck

Comment

Originally posted by AllGoNoShow View Post
                    mooseman- Have you heard anything new about when the academy might start...because the people whom I have talked to have said the process seems to be going faster then usual? I'm just generally curious if they plan on having academy sooner then the April or March 2008 date that they mentioned before.

I had the PT Test, Medical Test, and Psych Test all last week, and even have already had some of my references contacted.
                    Sent you a PM.
                    Aggression will save you when caution won't.
                    -Kent Anderson

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3102 users online. 138 members and 2964 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X