Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suffolk County Corrections Officer Exam

Hi All,
    Don't know if this is the place where I should post this. Is anyone else here taking the C.O. exam this weekend, 9/22? I was just wondering if anyone has heard of how many people are taking it and how many positions are open. I can't find any information on this anywhere.

Sorry, I didn't mean to post this 3 times. I can't figure out how to delete the other posts.

Comment

lol, I'm taking it in selden, they don't hire a lot since it's a small department only like 2k are taking the test I heard maybe a lil less.
      Last edited by John2008; 09-17-2007, 04:54 PM.
      "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

Originally posted by John2008 View Post
        lol, I'm taking it, in selden, they don't hire a lot since it's a small department only like 2k are taking the test I heard maybe a lil less.
        I'm taking it, I have the paper in my car, I think I'll be in Holtsville? I wish I could take it right in Hauppauge HS but atleast they didn't send me all the way down to Bellport again like with the SCPD test.
        My Progress...
        NYPD
        ----Written - Passed
        ----Need more credits.
        Suffolk County Corrections
        ----Written - Passed
        Fairfax County PD
        ----Written - Passed
        ----PHS - Sent
        ----Polygraph - 03/03/08
        Suffolk County PD (not happening)
        Suffolk County Deputy Sheriff
        ----Written: 5/17/08

Comment

Originally posted by RodFarva View Post
          I'm taking it, I have the paper in my car, I think I'll be in Holtsville? I wish I could take it right in Hauppauge HS but atleast they didn't send me all the way down to Bellport again like with the SCPD test.
          I live near Hauppauge like 2mins away but I have to go all the way out to SCCC in Selden, I wish they would have sent me to the campus in Brentwood that's 5mins away.
          "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

I live near Hauppauge like 2mins away but I have to go all the way out to SCCC in Selden, I wish they would have sent me to the campus in Brentwood that's 5mins away.
            WASSUP GUYS? I'M TAKING THE TEST TOO. I LIVE OUT IN CENTRAL ISLIP AND THEY ARE SENDING ME OUT TO HOLTSVILLE.

Comment

Originally posted by LONG ISLAND77 View Post
              WASSUP GUYS? I'M TAKING THE TEST TOO. I LIVE OUT IN CENTRAL ISLIP AND THEY ARE SENDING ME OUT TO HOLTSVILLE.
              That's not too bad. pretty close, good luck to you all.
              "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

I'm taking the test at SCCC in seldon. Southhampton building. Hopefully we all get on. Haha

Comment

Originally posted by RichieRichNY1 View Post
                  I'm taking the test at SCCC in seldon. Southhampton building. Hopefully we all get on. Haha
                  if we do get on get ready to work mandatory OT.
                  "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

if we do get on get ready to work mandatory OT.
                    If nothing else it could be a stepping stone for you (that pays better than NYPD). I have heard that alot of CO's try to step up and take the Deputy Sheriff test.
                    My Progress...
                    NYPD
                    ----Written - Passed
                    ----Need more credits.
                    ----Written - Passed
                    Fairfax County PD
                    ----Written - Passed
                    ----PHS - Sent
                    ----Polygraph - 03/03/08

Comment

If nothing else it could be a stepping stone for you (that pays better than NYPD). I have heard that alot of CO's try to step up and take the Deputy Sheriff test.
                      Yup Yup I'm taking both. they haven't announced the Deputy Sheriff level I yet but I heard it's coming up some time next year.
                      "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

Yup Yup I'm taking both. they haven't announced the Deputy Sheriff level I yet but I heard it's coming up some time next year.
                        Yea, I sent my check in to civil service already whenever they decide to give the Deputy test. I see you are up to all hours as well. I'm enjoying math homework myself.
                        My Progress...
                        NYPD
                        ----Written - Passed
                        ----Need more credits.
                        ----Written - Passed
                        Fairfax County PD
                        ----Written - Passed
                        ----PHS - Sent
                        ----Polygraph - 03/03/08

Comment

I'm taking it in Riverhead. I also heard the turnout for this test is pretty low, which is great news for us.

Comment

Yea, I sent my check in to civil service already whenever they decide to give the Deputy test. I see you are up to all hours as well. I'm enjoying math homework myself.
                            I'm enjoying my Theories of Crime paper(I must say most of these theories are bs). Class is cancelled for tomorrow main water pipe broke in the building where all my classes are so free day tomorrow. I did the same I signed up back in July I think it was for the Deputy Sheriff test.
                            "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

How did you sign up for the Deputy Sheriff test? Did you go down to Riverhead? Also, what type of Background Check and Policies does the Sheriff's office have in place? I know they don't polygraph. Anyone know anybody that has been through the process before getting into the academy?
                              Last edited by RichieRichNY1; 09-18-2007, 09:23 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4958 users online. 316 members and 4642 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X