300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Port Authority Applications today...

The NY/NJ Port Authority is accepting application starting today through October 5, 2007. Starting salary is $32,361. After 5 years $83,141. Just thought I'd post if anyone is interested in applying.

https://www.jointheportauthority.com/apply/index.cfm
    RichieRichNY1
    Forum Member
    Last edited by RichieRichNY1; 09-10-2007, 12:44 PM.

Originally posted by RichieRichNY1 View Post
    The NY/NJ Port Authority is accepting application starting today through October 5, 2007. Starting salary is $32,361. After 5 years $83,141. Just thought I'd post if anyone is interested in applying.

https://www.jointheportauthority.com/apply/index.cfm

I know and I can't take it. because I turn 21 2months after nov.
    "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

If anyone here signs up could you please post the exam date you receive? I have to know what day of the week it will fall on due to a work commitment.

Thanks.

Comment

They got my $75 dollars...lol.

Comment

Originally posted by MPDCjock View Post
          They got my $75 dollars...lol.
          lol pst I've spent $$980 on civil service test & for a class this year, I heard it's a tax write off is that true???
          "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

Does anyone have an idea how competitive it is?

How many positions out of how many people will we be competing for?

Comment

Originally posted by FordMustang View Post

its pretty competitive, put it this way any P.D. out here in NY that pays as good as PAPD you will have a couple of thousands competing for a few hundred open positions.

for example the test I took on June 9th 2007 for SCPD
              close to 30,000ppl took the test(they broke the national trend of low turn out rates for a exam on that day)

they want to hire 400 new officers in a 4yr period, meaning 100officers every year.
              John2008
              Forum Member
              Last edited by John2008; 09-10-2007, 02:47 PM.
              "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

Originally posted by John2008 View Post
                its pretty competitive, put it this way any P.D. out here in NY that pays as good as PAPD you will have a couple of thousands competing for a few hundred open positions.

for example the test I took on June 9th 2007 for SCPD
                close to 30,000ppl took the test(they broke the national trend of low turn out rates for a exam on that day)

they want to hire 400 new officers in a 4yr period, meaning 100officers every year.
                Well thats better chances then anywhere in Mass or CT Thinking about taking it but I'm leaving for some agencies down in Florida in November.

Comment

Originally posted by FordMustang View Post

from my understanding they will definately have over 20,000 applicants.. Figure that 2 states are competing for the positions.. and the last test they gave i heard there were 16,000 applicants or more.. and now that the job is becoming more wanted im sure there will be more.. over the course of the last test which i believe was given back in 2002 i think they hired only 200 people..

Comment

I really want to apply, but I'm going to have to think about it. I hate it when I don't know the date in advance, especially since I have a lot of commitments in November and I don't plan on wasting $75 just to find out I can't go.

Comment

Any bets on how many folks are going to be taking the test....?

Comment

I called up the phone number to the Port Authority. The woman that answered said that the test date should be posted within the next ten days. She said to check back then. I know that I want to find out the test date before I apply. I'm already taking two tests in November.

Comment

M

John2008 your inbox.

Comment

how many officers are they willing to hire though, that's the question.

Comment

Originally posted by Khadafi310 View Post
                              how many officers are they willing to hire though, that's the question.

I heard 400 officers. 100 every year for the next 4 years.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3564 users online. 234 members and 3330 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X