300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Port Authority Police

How often do they hire, because it does not state on the website. However what is their relationship with NYPD as per hiring NYPD officers.

http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69316
    "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

Originally posted by Khadafi310 View Post
      How often do they hire, because it does not state on the website. However what is their relationship with NYPD as per hiring NYPD officers.

The application period starts September 10. Check out the website.

http://www.panynj.gov/AboutthePortAu...tunities/papd/

It costs $75, but it might be worth it.

They don't post the exact exam date, but it's in November. I just hope it's not the 17th...
      Fuerza
      Forum Member
      Last edited by Fuerza; 09-01-2007, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuerza View Post

They don't post the exact exam date, but it's in November. I just hope it's not the 17th...
        I've been looking for the app for a while. where you found it???

ugh I can't take it because I'm not 21 I'm very upset the deadline is 3months before my 21st bday, I'm going to call the recruit # even tho the answer is going to be no but who knows.
        John2008
        Forum Member
        Last edited by John2008; 09-02-2007, 12:02 AM.
        "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

Originally posted by Fuerza View Post

They must have just posted the hiring info on their website, it wasn't there last week.
          It says apply online, I just can't find the application. Where can I pick one up? And in 2002 it was $40 for the application, now its $75 .
          nymets07
          Forum Member
          Last edited by nymets07; 09-03-2007, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nymets07 View Post
            They must have just posted the hiring info on their website, it wasn't there last week.
            It says apply online, I just can't find the application. Where can I pick one up? And in 2002 it was $40 for the application, now its $75 .
            you can't apply unti sept 10 here's the link

https://www.jointheportauthority.com/

once again you can't sign up until sept 10th so that link won't let you do anything until that date.

Good luck.
            "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

Originally posted by John2008 View Post
              you can't apply unti sept 10 here's the link

https://www.jointheportauthority.com/

once again you can't sign up until sept 10th so that link won't let you do anything until that date.

Good luck.

Thanks. So the only way to apply is online???

Comment

Originally posted by nymets07 View Post
                Thanks. So the only way to apply is online???
                as far as I know the only way to sign up is online, most of the apps are online for most departments in NY, I think out of all the test I'm taking one of them was a paper mail in app.
                "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

you're screwed

Originally posted by Khadafi310 View Post
                  You cannot be hired by papd if you are an nypd officer.The papd must have your nypd records,and the nypd refuses to hand them over.It is so bad on the nypd they will do anything to keep you from leaving!
                  retired cop

Comment

Originally posted by bklynbob View Post
                    You cannot be hired by papd if you are an nypd officer.The papd must have your nypd records,and the nypd refuses to hand them over.It is so bad on the nypd they will do anything to keep you from leaving!

Again, too much blame on NYPD. The PAPD doesn't "need" anything. The NYPD holds everyone's records from everybody and guys are finding jobs with other surrounding agencies all the time. The only thing blocking NYPD cops from joining the Port Authority is the Port Authority.

Comment

Originally posted by POCHEDDAR
                      If you join the NYPD today you either have alot of heart and want nothing more than to get on the job
                      That would be me, but I'm still taking many many many other test before I finally join the NYPD next year when I turn 21.
                      "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

semantics

Originally posted by SDC1983 View Post
                        Again, too much blame on NYPD. The PAPD doesn't "need" anything. The NYPD holds everyone's records from everybody and guys are finding jobs with other surrounding agencies all the time. The only thing blocking NYPD cops from joining the Port Authority is the Port Authority.
                        true.
                        retired cop

Comment

I was wondering if anyone knew what the physical fitness exam is like for PAPD?

Comment

NYPD to PAPD

Originally Posted by bklynbob

> I've heard that several current NYPD officers have resigned from the NYPD with hopes that the NYPD will release their records to the PA if they pass the exam, get called & are civilians. A gamble, Yes. But I'm sure the NYPD will re-hire a former PO if the PAPD thing doesn't work out.

Has anyone heard of this tactic?

Comment

a buddy of mine resigned after only two years in NYPD and is hoping to get into Port authority.. but i dont think he did it for that reason.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3650 users online. 237 members and 3413 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X