300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone taking the Border Patrol Exam today

Anyone testing today for BP in West Seneca? Going there soon, slightly nervous. Good luck to anyone testing!
    Alf

Good Luck.
    "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

bumping this back to the top

just took exam at Siena today...like 8 people showed, myself included.

Really poor turn out......and my god the exam took forever. Seemed even longer than it really was being we were stuck in a 3rd floor room, door closed, 95 in the shade outside and melting where we sat.

Comment

it was the same for my test group. I think like only 20 people showed up for the exam. It was a very poor showing, I hope this is not a national showing of people testing for BP
        Alf

Comment

Originally posted by izhazissuez View Post
          it was the same for my test group. I think like only 20 people showed up for the exam. It was a very poor showing, I hope this is not a national showing of people testing for BP
          I was thinking about applying but I got turned off by the way the case with those two border agents turned out and plus I don't think I'm willing to relocate to texas or cali. I've heard the turn out rate is low nation wide I remember reading something about it but good luck to the rest of you.
          "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

Places away from the southern border area have much lower turnouts. I tested in Miami and only had about 20 other test takers with me. However, in places like CA, AZ ,and TX its common to have 400 at one test.

Comment

I think there are a lot reason people are not signing up for it. One being pay....I have a friend that is a BP agent in Tucson. I don't think the pay is good enough for what they go through daily. Plus, if your looking to relocate some where north, your looking at waiting at least 10 yrs.

Good luck to any of you that are trying to get into the BP.
              Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way round or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by mooseman View Post
                I think there are a lot reason people are not signing up for it. One being pay....I have a friend that is a BP agent in Tucson. I don't think the pay is good enough for what they go through daily. Plus, if your looking to relocate some where north, your looking at waiting at least 10 yrs.

Good luck to any of you that are trying to get into the BP.
                So you don't think Border Patrol Agents are paid enough, call your senator and demand they get a raise... oh well, thought I'd try.

I'm at 1.5 years and I'm over $70K. (No court time or off duty details.) You realize that in most of the places where the BP patrols, the locals make 1/3 to 1/2 what we make. I had a clasmate in the academy that was a deputy in South TX making $11 an hour.

As far as relocating, that's changing pretty quickly. Guys are getting transfers up north and to Miami and LA (the state) with only 3 and 4 years in.

Comment

Madchicken,

Thanks for clearing the pay up for me. I may sign up for the test again now. What pay scale does the BP use?

http://www.opm.gov/oca/07tables/html/gl.asp

http://www.opm.gov/oca/07tables/html/RUS_leo.asp
                  Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way round or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

The second one is correct unless you're in a location with a higher locality pay, such as San Diego or Blythe.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2953 users online. 118 members and 2835 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X