300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nypd

There isn't a thread about the NYPD so I figure I start one, there is a couple but those are specific things like the academy and so on so I wanted to start one that could cover anything related to the NYPD.

Anyone knows when they expect to have a new contract and what is going to be the starting pay and top pay???...

I was talking to one of my friends that is a rookie and I asked him about his first day at the precint and he told me basically they gave him a radio and a map and said go get em kid. He told me the first week we just spent it learning the area and learning where things are and the names of the blocks and so on. I kinda like that because that way you can learn by yourself but the downside is that a lot of mistakes will be made so I'll rather have a FTO to teach me the ways but the NYPD doesn't really do that.
    Last edited by John2008; 08-11-2007, 11:27 PM.
    "Why you harassing me?"

If I gross $3000 in a given month, how much would you say my paycheck would come out to if I lived in Westchester County? $2000?

Thanks

Comment

Well I received my letter from the NYPD telling me that I have passed my exam and to come in for a medical on Tuesday, August 28. I would like to enter the July 08 academy, not the January so should/can I postpone my medical? I would rather just take it later on in the year or early next year.

Comment

Haven't heard anything yet and I passed the exam!
        NJDOP
        Written Exam - 93.5
        NYPD
        Written Exam (June 2007) - 88

Comment

Originally posted by TheFlash37 View Post
          Well I received my letter from the NYPD telling me that I have passed my exam and to come in for a medical on Tuesday, August 28. I would like to enter the July 08 academy, not the January so should/can I postpone my medical? I would rather just take it later on in the year or early next year.
          I got the letter right after I took the test as well. I called up and explained to them that I want to finish school first and they put me on hold until further notice.
          My Progress...
          NYPD
          ----Written - Passed
          ----Need more credits.
          Suffolk County Corrections
          ----Written - Passed
          Fairfax County PD
          ----Written - Passed
          ----PHS - Sent
          ----Polygraph - 03/03/08
          Suffolk County PD (not happening)
          Suffolk County Deputy Sheriff
          ----Written: 5/17/08

Comment

Originally posted by RodFarva View Post
            I got the letter right after I took the test as well. I called up and explained to them that I want to finish school first and they put me on hold until further notice.

Thanks. I'll go ahead and give them a call.

hellhammer, I wouldn't worry too much. You should be getting it within the next few days, most likely tomorrow.

Comment

Flash, what exam are you from? I'm from 6012 and haven't heard anything.

Comment

I just got my letter as well. I'm #128 on the list for Exam 6012 (if I read the thing correctly) and I've got my medical on August 24th. Hellhammer...I wouldn't stress a bit. They need people badly. If you passed the exam, aren't missing any limbs, and haven't committed any felonies, we'll probably be seeing each other in January.
                Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

"You've got to be good in this business, but you've got to get a lot of breaks. If you don't realize that, if you really think you're sitting here because of your genius or anything, I don't know, maybe your background is different, but I got my butt kicked a lot at every level, including this one."

- Stan Van Gundy

Comment

here it is

Originally posted by John2008 View Post
                  There isn't a thread about the NYPD so I figure I start one, there is a couple but those are specific things like the academy and so on so I wanted to start one that could cover anything related to the NYPD.

Anyone knows when they expect to have a new contract and what is going to be the starting pay and top pay???...

I was talking to one of my friends that is a rookie and I asked him about his first day at the precint and he told me basically they gave him a radio and a map and said go get em kid. He told me the first week we just spent it learning the area and learning where things are and the names of the blocks and so on. I kinda like that because that way you can learn by yourself but the downside is that a lot of mistakes will be made so I'll rather have a FTO to teach me the ways but the NYPD doesn't really do that.
                  The next contract could be settled by spring.If it goes to perb,it will be a 2 year deal. You still will be 2 years behind. The 3 zero conract that giuliana foistered on all nyc employees has guaranteed that the nypd will always be the lowest paid dept in the tri-state area. That is a fact. If you want to be a police officer that badly,then take the job.You will barely eek out a living. you will work 300-400 hrs a year o.t to survive(if you can get that much,these days). you will not be able to buy your own home. you will live in a city that is overcrowded and getting worse every year. Your health,and family life will suffer greatly. You will age quicker than most. And unless you have a great attitude on life you will become a cynical, miserable [email protected] is not the job you see portrayed on tv. I'm sorry to have to give this info-but that is the way it is.
                  retired cop

Comment

Originally posted by Back to NYC View Post
                    I just got my letter as well. I'm #128 on the list for Exam 6012 (if I read the thing correctly) and I've got my medical on August 24th. Hellhammer...I wouldn't stress a bit. They need people badly. If you passed the exam, aren't missing any limbs, and haven't committed any felonies, we'll probably be seeing each other in January.

I live in D.C. and didn't receive my letter today. I scored a 94%. Hopefully, it will come tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by MPDCjock View Post
                      I live in D.C. and didn't receive my letter today. I scored a 94%. Hopefully, it will come tomorrow.
                      Probably. I'd expect you're pretty high up on the list with a 94.
                      Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

"You've got to be good in this business, but you've got to get a lot of breaks. If you don't realize that, if you really think you're sitting here because of your genius or anything, I don't know, maybe your background is different, but I got my butt kicked a lot at every level, including this one."

- Stan Van Gundy

Comment

Originally posted by bklynbob View Post
                        The next contract could be settled by spring.If it goes to perb,it will be a 2 year deal. You still will be 2 years behind. The 3 zero conract that giuliana foistered on all nyc employees has guaranteed that the nypd will always be the lowest paid dept in the tri-state area. That is a fact. If you want to be a police officer that badly,then take the job.You will barely eek out a living. you will work 300-400 hrs a year o.t to survive(if you can get that much,these days). you will not be able to buy your own home. you will live in a city that is overcrowded and getting worse every year. Your health,and family life will suffer greatly. You will age quicker than most. And unless you have a great attitude on life you will become a cynical, miserable [email protected] is not the job you see portrayed on tv. I'm sorry to have to give this info-but that is the way it is.
                        naw that's ok that's not new info for me, that's why I'm saving the NYPD as a 6th or 7th choice I have family members that advise me against joining the NYPD, that's why I'm testing for NYSP,NCPD,SCPD,NYSPP,PASP, and maybe next year LVMP. NYC is not a cop friendly city. the cynical and sarcastic attitude trait I think you become that way no matter what PD you work. I met many people that love working for the NYPD and many people that hate working for the NYPD so it depends on the person and experiances.

One of my cousins works for SCPD and he was with the NYPD of 7-8years and he said getting hired by SCPD was the best thing that ever happen to him
                        "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

I got my medical date but I cant make it. But im impressed with my list number, which makes me think I can do good on the other exams that are coming up with other departments. ahh these are important decisions..i dont know what to do.

Reading all these comments about the NYPD I always thought to myself, "Well i'm not going to do it for the money" But at the same time, I dont want to be unhappy. Tough one.

Comment

Originally posted by JKOSU View Post
                            I got my medical date but I cant make it. But im impressed with my list number, which makes me think I can do good on the other exams that are coming up with other departments. ahh these are important decisions..i dont know what to do.

Reading all these comments about the NYPD I always thought to myself, "Well i'm not going to do it for the money" But at the same time, I dont want to be unhappy. Tough one.
                            the NYPD exam is really easy compare to all other pd civil service test I've taken.
                            "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

Originally posted by NYPDjock View Post
                              Flash, what exam are you from? I'm from 6012 and haven't heard anything.
                              I also took exam 6012.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5277 users online. 379 members and 4898 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X