NEW Welcome Ad

Collapse

Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vesting healthcare benefits (not pension)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vesting healthcare benefits (not pension)

Hello folks

Hopefully I won't come under fire for this question - no pun intended

Are there any civil jobs within NYC, NYS or even the federal govt that after a 5 year period, you can leave and continue your health coverage paying premium similar to what the active employee pays? I don't need pension, just health coverage. I'm in my early 40's which means Medicare/Medicaid won't kick in till 65. I'm hoping to retire with some level of financial security by 50 and then volunteer my time to some local programs I believe in and many of them don't offer benefits. My career so far has been in IT

Thanks

If I remember correctly new york state vested health care benefits will not kick in until you reach what would have been the year you could have collected your full service pension. Not collectable immediately upon vesting . Don't know about the feds. State law governs all state and local government pension rules.
    Last edited by BNWS; 10-26-2022, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Anybody else who have an idea of jobs that'll match my requirement? Federal or other state jobs would do too since a lot of IT work is done remotely these days anyways. Thanks

Comment

Let me ask another question. Any govt job out there that'll provide health benefits starting at age 55 with just 5 years of service? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jake82 View Post
          Let me ask another question. Any govt job out there that'll provide health benefits starting at age 55 with just 5 years of service? Thanks
          So let me make sure I understand you:
          You want a Government job, work the least amount you can, and receive lifetime medical, paid for by taxpayers.

Site rules don’t allow me to tell you what I think…

Get a job and EARN benefits.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4859 users online. 262 members and 4597 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X