Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry it was an 87 and his rank was 1775 not 2750..

Comment

Did anyone get an email yet for processing? Rank 4,767 I doubt I'll be called

Comment

• patrykm1995
        patrykm1995 commented
        Editing a comment
        You will be called in the a few years if not quicker. Be more optimistic

Lol i am in 10k list

Comment

Hey guys did anyone got a invite to processing weekend for july yet ?

Comment

• scutler17
          scutler17 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nothing yet, but I am 1525 so unsure if I will be called for July anyway

You should get the email keep on checking it

Comment

• scutler17
          scutler17 commented
          Editing a comment
          I got it mine as well

Originally posted by AiiMX View Post
        Hey guys did anyone got a invite to processing weekend for july yet ?
        Yes I did today

Comment

• Davidchee5
          Davidchee5 commented
          Editing a comment
          what's your lost number

• Rh992
          Rh992 commented
          Editing a comment
          List number 19xx

• Davidchee5
          Davidchee5 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats, Im 37xx so was just wondering where I stand, hopefully Ill get a call if not now, then next time around. Good luck there, pal

Son was 1,775 scored 87 was emailed for processing in July.

Comment

I scored an 86, list number was 1757. Got the email on Thursday 6/9 for July processing. Also got emails for local troop orientation. Going to have to get a hotel room for processing weekend. Don’t want to drive 2 hours when we have to be back by 7:30 the next day.

Comment

Safe to say they are close to the 2,000’s?

Comment

Did anyone go to the Candidate Processing Orientation/Physical Ability Test Prep yet?

Comment

• AiiMX
                AiiMX commented
                Editing a comment
                Its not july yet lol

• Qweasd1234
                Qweasd1234 commented
                Editing a comment
                I’m not talking about the processing weekend in July. I’m referring to the Physical Ability Test Prep.

Originally posted by Reggiesaf View Post
              Safe to say they are close to the 2,000’s?
              i think they passed 2k already

Comment

Just spoke to a trooper in recruitment and they are going up to 3000.
                NYSP is also hosting Physical Ability Test Prep for applicants who received a invitation to processing weekend.

Comment

• Davidchee5
                  Davidchee5 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm at 37xx
                  think I'll make it?

• Reggiesaf
                  Reggiesaf commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They are going up to 3k for this exam or for this period?

Top 3k for the July Candidate Processing weekend and later in the process they call the next group.
                Remember a lot of people might fail the physical and background.

Good luck to all.

PS. if you call a recruiter they will definitely answer all your questions.

Comment

• AiiMX
                  AiiMX commented
                  Editing a comment
                  So if they already invited the top 3k for july they might invite 3k more latter this year ?

• Hojo_91
                  Hojo_91 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  it all depends on how many people pass or fail the physical and backgrounds in July, I'm assuming.

• Excaliyurr
                  Excaliyurr commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm rank 27xx and i still haven't gotten the email yet

• Reggiesaf
                  Reggiesaf commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Everyone under 3k got the email?

Good luck to everyone that taking the physical upcoming week you guys got this !!!

Comment

Wow, I found this site on a whim, and figured I’d offer my two cents:

I (a 24 year old male at the time) entered the academy in 2019. I scored 806x on the list in 2017. It is not for everyone. A lot of people go into it thinking you just write tickets and chill all day. Not like that at all. Constant harassment, horrible hours, people hate you for your job. Physical stuff isn’t hard, of course, I run 40 miles a week, 6 days a week so academy PT was not hard for me at all. It’s very paramilitary which I did not like. You have to live in dorm rooms which sucks ***. The instructors were not kind. They made fun of the recruits who lived at home with their parents (coming from the old guy who makes 100k a year and bought a house for 13k 50 years ago). Some of us choose to live at home because we are family oriented, but I digress. There was a lot of name calling as well.

A good family friend of mine is a high ranking official in a local police department and he told me that departments can’t find anyone to hire. It’s not due to them being incapable, people are just flat out denying the opportunity. I was told that they had 12 prospects to hire for the next local academy, all of them passed the background, PT, etc, and 9 of them backed out at the last minute and said no thanks. No one wants this job and I don’t blame them.

Brb horrible hours

Brb dealing with criminals

Brb not being around family

Brb working holidays

Brb everyone hates you for your job.

Brb not having a life and being forced to come in

Brb having to carry a gun

Other troopers have told me that the same applies as above, and 2022 was expedited super fast because too many from 2017 backed out and they needed more bodies to fill the needs. I can only imagine how difficult finding people who want to do it will be now then it was 5 years ago.

I quit the academy after 4 days. I didn’t like the instructors being all up in your face and living in close quarters, I got a lot of flack for it especially from the instructors who said I wasted their time and that I needed to grow thicker skin. You could not pay me $1 million to be a cop. I work in early childhood education now and make 27k a year. It is much less money but you know what? I love it and it beats being a cop/trooper.

Nothing against the police. Everyone in my family are all police officers. I never EVER wanted to be a cop, I just felt pressure to do so, and I took the exam for no reason other than that they all wanted me to do so and it ended up blowing up in everyone's faces. In hindsight, I should have said no thanks. I took an opportunity away from someone who wanted to be a trooper. Everyone says I’m “too nice” to be a cop anyway, so I guess everything worked out in the end. Think about if this is what you really want to do. No one likes cops anymore, and it is not something you should just do for the money. Especially in 2022, this job is not for most.

Comment

• MTAPD022
                    MTAPD022 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Sounds like a lot of complaining, keep your two cents you never even wanted the job, took someone’s spot so you could quit after 4 days, what a joke

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3256 users online. 200 members and 3056 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X