300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nypd exam 2110

Have not seen a post for 2110 so here we go ladies and gentlemen.

Nobody wants to work there that’s why.

Comment

• Reggiesaf
      Reggiesaf commented
      Editing a comment
      Those who don’t wanna work there probably have no hooks to get into a good command.

Originally posted by Reggiesaf View Post
    Have not seen a post for 2110 so here we go ladies and gentlemen.
    The unfortunate reality is that nobody wants to work there. I honestly feel like they should switch to a 10 hour or 12 hour work schedule which will boost the morale of the entire nypd.

Comment

• BNWS
      BNWS commented
      Editing a comment
      People don't want to be there for 8 hours. Not everyone wants 12 hour tours. I sure didn't when I worked there.

Originally posted by Javion557 View Post

The unfortunate reality is that nobody wants to work there. I honestly feel like they should switch to a 10 hour or 12 hour work schedule which will boost the morale of the entire nypd.
    This. And a raise

Comment

Took the test on 4/1, got 45/55 answers right. No residency credits so about 81-82 for me. Good luck. Keep us posted

Comment

Given the massive exodus of nypd officers and no one wanting this job. Is the hiring process going to take quicker ?

Comment

• Reggiesaf
          Reggiesaf commented
          Editing a comment
          Very quick. Guys who took the December exam went into the academy April 13th.

• patrykm1995
          patrykm1995 commented
          Editing a comment
          That’s good to know. Hopefully I get better luck here than the PAPD process.

Originally posted by patrykm1995 View Post
        Given the massive exodus of nypd officers and no one wanting this job. Is the hiring process going to take quicker ?
        Why do you want to get on ?

Comment

• patrykm1995
          patrykm1995 commented
          Editing a comment
          It’s not my first choice but after papd didn’t work out and i won’t be called to court officer anytime soon. And it’s better than being at a minimum wage job

• Sarudo
          Sarudo commented
          Editing a comment
          patrykm1995 I'm in the same boat as you - minimum wage job, wasn't selected for PAPD. I've had talks with numerous NYPD officers, including columbia09, and I'm fifth-guessing my wanting to get on with NYPD, just for the experience/academy credentials. Best advice I've been told is to "sit tight" and constantly be on the lookout for other departments. Best of luck to you.

• Reggiesaf
          Reggiesaf commented
          Editing a comment
          But like I said most guys that don’t want nypd most likely have no hooks and connections. Having hooks on nypd is very important IMO. I personally don’t want to work in housing or Bronx.

• columbia09
          columbia09 commented
          Editing a comment
          Even with hooks you aren’t safe. They’re talking about emptying out all the offices so that all cops will work patrol

Lump me in with the "most guys" category. No hooks, nor connections. My only connection, my cousin, left NYPD for PAPD and enjoys his time in PAPD far more than his time in the NYPD; last I heard from him anyways.

Comment

• patrykm1995
          patrykm1995 commented
          Editing a comment
          I was selected but didn’t get my medical for papd. It sucks but it is what it is. I passed my court officer exam, so I can always transfer there when and if I get called for court officer.

Any news on when the next step is likely to happen?

Comment

• AtlasOne28
          AtlasOne28 commented
          Editing a comment
          This academy just started 4/13. Based off the last test in december it looks like the hiring process can begin at the end of the following month(May) into the following (June). I hear the process happens warp speed. Getting hiring emails within a week or days of the academy. Its crazy.

• patrykm1995
          patrykm1995 commented
          Editing a comment
          Never too early to start gathering documents for the background. Lucky I still have my documents from when I did the papd process

Heard that the next academy is in July. Don’t know if it will be this exam

Comment

• Reggiesaf
          Reggiesaf commented
          Editing a comment
          I doubt it tbh. Most likely will February/ March class

• patrykm1995
          patrykm1995 commented
          Editing a comment
          I heard from my friend from 1 Police Plaza, it could be October for this exam. They are moving fast.

Yes I was just told the same thing!

Comment

• patrykm1995
          patrykm1995 commented
          Editing a comment
          July would be too close to get everything together.

Got the candidate portal email.

Comment

Same here! Things are moving.

Comment

For anyone who has recently been through the background investigation: Does NYPD do their own background checks or do they outsource them to a private company?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4611 users online. 287 members and 4324 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X