300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New NYPD Contract

Rumor going around that the PBA has a contract approved for $102,000 base pay after 8 years. Anyone hear anything

Probably assuming they will get the 7.95 % contract negotiatied by other city unions, specifically the DEA. . Maybe streaching out top pay to 8 years for some added incentives.

Comment

Hearing it's 102k after 8 years. 3% for body cameras.... higher uniform allowance... it will help nypd retain. Officers.

Comment

Wait. 3% for wearing a BWC? An item that saves cops careers and is basically mandated?

Talk about a waste of money and cops out of touch with reality.

Comment

Even if these numbers prove to be legit, cops will still move on to better agencies and I don’t blame them. Those numbers are indeed just speculation and rumors at this point- nothing concrete yet. My opinion …No money is worth the level of micromanaging and working with incompetents in this department . Almost every white shield I know right now is studying for the expected Sgt exam coming up- but I’m still considering leaving and changing careers if other plans work out.

Yes more money is good.. of course. But what about the lack of protection, the liability , the mindblowing level of scrutiny ?

Comment

• Bkchampions21
          Bkchampions21
          Forum Member
          Bkchampions21 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah I agree there are plenty of better departments out there but it will help but it helps officers on the job already. New starting salary will be bumped up to 45k. But it's all speculation like you said.

• jfmarshall1
          jfmarshall1
          Forum Member
          jfmarshall1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes I agree - it will help those financially
          who are already on and who plan on staying. But I still tell officers just getting on and those who are considering the dept to CAREFULLY weigh your priorities. Is the money really worth the aggravation?

• columbia09
          columbia09
          Forum Member
          columbia09 commented
          Editing a comment
          A lot of people are
          Studying for the sgts exam ? Date hasn’t even been announced yet. The competition for this test will be incredible

• jfmarshall1
          jfmarshall1
          Forum Member
          jfmarshall1 commented
          Editing a comment
          DCAS hasn’t announced the Sgt exam yet - but it’s expected to be held either in the summer or fall of 2022. Of course anything can change . And yes it will probably the most competitive it has been in years. All I ever heard from senior cops when I first got on was “it’s a boss’s job kid…” As time went on I eventually started to understand what they meant. If you’re currently on I say definitely take the test - better pension- better pay. If you’re currently on and have other options/education/degrees- leave the job and don’t look back.

I've been out of NYPD for a few years now. Is that 102k inclusive of longevity etc or the salary alone? When I left, top pay was $76,488 but they always wanted to be cute with the number and say 90k (until you read the fine print)

Comment

• howardo
          howardo
          Forum Member
          howardo commented
          Editing a comment
          I mean its nyc so its definitely them being cute and messing with the number

• Bkchampions21
          Bkchampions21
          Forum Member
          Bkchampions21 commented
          Editing a comment
          That will be the new base salary....with longevity, body cameras raise, uniform allowance raise and holiday pay a top pay officer after 8 years will be making roughly $114,789 and if they are doing night shift it will be closet to $125k before any OT.

• columbia09
          columbia09
          Forum Member
          columbia09 commented
          Editing a comment
          Is this true though

• Bkchampions21
          Bkchampions21
          Forum Member
          Bkchampions21 commented
          Editing a comment
          It's all a proposal for now... it will all be negotiated when the new mayor and the PBA start the new contract talks.... it isn't set in stone yet.

So..no real contract then. All wishes.

Comment

....and when all is said and done, still the lowest paid in the region. The Manhattan DA wont charge resisting arrest so theres nothing to lose by not complying. Take a hard pass, let them roll out the alphabet army of social workers for this s**t show.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4264 users online. 229 members and 4035 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X