300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYPD Mini-MED

I was wondering, what is entailed in the Mini-Medical, i have mine scheduled for Thurs at 6:30am but it sounds so much like the initial medical, obvious shirt and tie...but they said bring a copy of Drivers License, know my home precinct and such....sounds like things i had and did in my initial medical...also anyone know how long the mini-medical usually takes?

It has very little to do with anything medical. It's about six hours of paperwork (the same sort of stuff you've been doing all along) followed by two hours waiting in line for a drug test. There are no breaks.

You will need a copy of your driver's license - there will be hell to pay if you forget it. Also, know who your BI is, what their squad is, and the date you met with them.

And, yes, definitely wear a tie. I couldn't believe how many people showed up without one and got called out for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kafziel View Post
      It has very little to do with anything medical. It's about six hours of paperwork (the same sort of stuff you've been doing all along) followed by two hours waiting in line for a drug test. There are no breaks.

You will need a copy of your driver's license - there will be hell to pay if you forget it. Also, know who your BI is, what their squad is, and the date you met with them.

And, yes, definitely wear a tie. I couldn't believe how many people showed up without one and got called out for it.
      why the hell does it sound SOOOO much like the INITIAL Medical which took 6 hours? I already took a hair sample, eye test, hearing test, heart test...cleared my heart test after i was put on review and needed an echocardiogram and all. I ask cause i hope they didn't schedule me for a Regular Medical that you had to take in the beginning plus the lady on the phone said the process is short because i kind of have work that day so i need to know how late i have to call in late for.

Comment

It's basically a follow-up to the initial physical, to make sure nothing has changed since then. None of the vision/hearing/EKG tests or any of that stuff, though; you just fill out a form to update the info since last time. They also go over any potential holds you might have, just like you probably already did with your BI. As with everything else, 10 lbs. of paperwork accompanies the whole thing, gone through step-by-step as a group like a bunch of kids. If you already did the hair sample part, they might let you go home after that. But even without the drug test, it will definitely take at least 5 hours.

Comment

gay, but thats my last step so

Comment

There's nothing wrong with being gay.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7265 users online. 339 members and 6926 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
            X