Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Screwed by Civil Service and by what someone did NOT do.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screwed by Civil Service and by what someone did NOT do.

I just found out I'm not eligible for a job because of paperwork not completed 15 years ago.
    In 1992 Civil Service came into full effect. In the classifications for Police there was non-competitive and competitive. All those that were on the job prior to the "lists" had to have paperwork filled out that put them into the competitive classification.

I just found out that I am not eligible for a part time Deputy position because the lazy Chief of Police never did this paperwork in 1992 and despite the fact that I never knew it was even required ..........I now pay the price for his negligence.

I asked why this change was not "automatic" and got the helpful response from our local civil service director of "Just Because".
    Rule #1 - If it doesn't change supper it's not worth the worry.
    Rule #10 - YOU ARE NOW THE MINORITY. This country is no longer the one your parents knew. You will not be able to understand it. You will not be able to change it. You must learn to live with it.

Haven't spoken with a lawyer yet. Not really something I like doing.
    I have pondered on how to input an Appeal through Civil Service because the situation just doesn't pass a "reasonable" test.
    Rule #1 - If it doesn't change supper it's not worth the worry.
    Rule #10 - YOU ARE NOW THE MINORITY. This country is no longer the one your parents knew. You will not be able to understand it. You will not be able to change it. You must learn to live with it.

Comment

Sgt.

I do not know if this is similar, but I was taken off the Civil service list for something that happened in 2004. ( I could not make a PT test for a City Police) This is NY, so now in 07 they tell me I am no longer active...
      IGNORE LIST - Banastretarlton AKA "banana boy"

"In the fields of observation chance favors only prepared mind"
      -----Louis Pasteur

"Sweat in training saves blood on the battlefield."

-------Col. David "Hack" Hackworth

On my 7 year old 2nd Grade Class wall

------------YOU are RESPONSIBLE for YOUR OWN ACTIONS

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2957 users online. 177 members and 2780 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X