300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYC subway

i havent been on the subway in a mad long time.... a $4 metro card is enough for a round trip subway ride right? and the 4, 5, 6 lines are they all the same once u get into manhatten..? im playing on gettin on the 6 train at pelham bay station to get to union sq... i was lookin at the map and is shows the 4, 5, 6 all as the green line

A subway ride is $2 so $4 will do it for you as long as you don't screw up and go through the wrong turnstile.

As for the trains, off the top of my head (somebody correct me if I'm wrong) you probably want the 6. It makes all the stops, all the time. The 4 and 5 are weird.

Comment

yea my friend was tellin me take the 6 to 125th and just cross the platform to the 4 or 5 b/c its express so itll b faster

Comment

Okay I looked at MTA's website and it looks like they'll all stop at Union Square (except late at night) so if you get off the 6 at 125th Street and change to the 4 or 5 it will definitely be faster.

Comment

i hope so lol so is it at the same platform? like i get off the 6 train turn around and wait? or is the express trains down 1 more flight?

Comment

It should be the same platform. That station is weird - instead of having the upper level be the local and the lower level be express, it's upper level northbound and lower level southbound. So if you're coming from Pelham you should be on the lower level already and all the trains there will be heading south.

Comment

o that is wierd... great i cant wait... i hope saturdays arent that bad since tomorrow i have to go lol

Comment

Good luck on the test!

Comment

if you run into any problems just ask the train conductor for help.
                  "I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six."
                  - A Cop's Maxim

Comment

Just a helpful tip, most MTA schedules are different on the weekends, and they also do a lot of work on the weekends, so watch out for bulletins posted, and try and listen when they are giving announcements.

Comment

lol sorry guys after all that i decided im not gonna go lol... its free, they give it twice a year, and maybe next year they'll have it back at my college or somewhere closer to me. Im not in mood to go downtown, Ill just enjoy my requested day off from work =P and besides my luck for the New Rochelle pd is in my favor... especially after i was told they favor people who live in New Ro a HUGE amount plus only 35 people passed the physically and there are 10 openings, and plus ill have my degree in CRJ next May, and plus my dad knows people lol sorry im just kind of excited... but also have that nervous pit in ur stomach But i wont know untill end of the summer thats when the list is suppose to come out... geez its a long process

Comment

Well, hopefully things work out for you. One thing I've learned in the past is NEVER rely on a "sure thing", but hopefully it works out for you. New Rochelle doesn't "favor" anyone, what they do is make a residence list. If you live within that area,you are put on another list, of people who live in New Rochelle. Then they will go through that list before the non-residents. Just remember that civil service has laws, and if New Rochelle PD finds 3 applicants ahead of you in favorable status, they MUST hire one of them if they all want the job, so hopefully you're up near the top of the list.

I would've taken the NYPD test, just to take it.

Comment

ehhh idk it looks pretty good... only 35 ppl passed the physical... They are hiring 10 ppl.. i just got today certified mail my personal questionare background... The cover sheet was signed in ink(not by photo copy) by the commissoner... Alot ppl know my family.. There this guy who everyone knows and is involved with the police who i been heard is recommending me... PDs like young "virgins" as in no extra baggage and problems like credit and all that stuff.. Ill have my criminal justice degree in a year... I live in the city.. But you are right there are no sure things.. it may look in my favor but i can easly screw up in the interview especially since i get nervous and all.. But it just looks like im in good shape

Comment

NYCRJmajor914

I was a Westchester DS from '81-'83 court Div. Where did your dad work?

Comment

u didnt read my signature? lol he was in the Westchester County Sheriffs dept. its volunteer ... he did it from like '78-'97 i think.. he wanted to join the New Rochelle Pd back in the 80's when he took the test.. but at the time his electrical business was doing well so he had best of both worlds you know..Sheriffs dept back then was peace officers with police powers so my dad went through the academy and all.. Where in 914 you from Let?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5932 users online. 356 members and 5576 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X