300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suffolk County Corrections 2021

Test is open for filing. Best of luck to those who apply.

Thanks for the information

Comment

Anyone on the forum on the job for suffolk corrections? Curious about what the job is like, and would this be better or NYPD?

Comment

• howardo
        howardo commented
        Editing a comment
        Thats what i thought would be said, i already got called by the city, but thought I’d hold off until another option came up with everything going on. Also the better top pay of Suffolk corrections doesn’t hurt.

• Sarudo
        Sarudo commented
        Editing a comment
        Honestly, I wouldn't join the city at all - not even as a backup. That used to be my plan if my primary plans went south, but after the removal of qualified immunity, it's not worth it anymore. MTA Police is supposedly having another filing date this year for 2022, and I think Nassau County PD may do another filing next year (don't quote me on it though). If you want to get on the job right now, New Rochelle PD is hiring.

• howardo
        howardo commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah thats what people have told me to do, avoid the city at all costs, im still in college so i got time before i even start the process on any of them. Thanks for all the advice

• Sarudo
        Sarudo commented
        Editing a comment
        No problem. I just graduated college so I know how you feel. My best advice to you is to keep applying to agencies that interest you all-the-while completing your studies to earn your degree. It's the best way for you to kill time lol. If you have any questions, feel free to DM me.

I'm currently in state corrections, does anyone know if my salary would transfer over as it would with other state agencies? Or would I start from step 1. Thanks

Comment

• Rh992
        Rh992 commented
        Editing a comment
        No this is county not state. Stay with the state. You will not make the money you do now. If you're looking to transfer within the state, any APSU title (DEC police, Uni Police, Park police) can be transferred to without loss of seniority. You will however for retirement purposes, start over and have to put in 25 years again but your current time served will count on the back end.

Does anyone have any insight on if they would boost up the starting pay for new officers when this current contract ends in 2024. The top pay is nice but taking 12 years to get there is alot...sheesh

Comment

• howardo
        howardo commented
        Editing a comment
        I doubt it will be significant, the way suffolk county tries to save money is by back loading all the contracts SCPD starts at 42,000 but top pay is 155k. Basically they make suffer until you reach near the top pay.

Ahhh okay, I see what you mean. I'm sure the top pay will increase which is always a good thing.

Comment

• howardo
        howardo commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah kind of crazy how much money suffolk LE in general makes compared to other parts of the state, especially the city.

I agree with what Sarudo said above. The NYPD is no longer what it used to be - has been this way for quite a while now. The amount of incompetents on this job would astound you- not even exaggerating. The real cops with REAL street experience, knowledge, tactics etc are either retiring or leaving to other agencies/ or different careers altogether. As I’ve mentioned in other recent posts, in my opinion , being a uniformed police officer anywhere today is really not worth it anymore- you can act in good faith with the best of intentions and STILL get sued, lose your job, get arrested etc etc. Cops are leaving the NYPD in droves .. some to other police agencies - I personally know several who have left for MTA. I even know some who are jumping over to Sanitation (many consider sanitation to be the best city job- but that’s a different topic altogether) A friend of mine who was on the job and may I add; in a “hook” command, told me that when he broke the news to his supervisors that he was leaving for Sanitation, they congratulated him- telling him he hit the jackpot. Most of them , he added, appeared very jealous. Trust me , you do not want the headaches and aggravation- look elsewhere.

Study hard and finish your degree. If you really want LE , go federal Or join a state investigative agency. Always have a backup career plan that is NOT law enforcement related- you never know how crazy this climate will get- and also in the event that you do decide to pursue police work- what if you get seriously injured and can’t continue with this line of work? Things to consider.

Comment

I saw the announcement for the upcoming CO test, noticed it's 42k base but they still mention the 33k starting based off the 2019 contracts. Which is more accurate, and what is the new top-pay after the 12-year step up?

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Anybody get an email yet ?

Comment

• Bkchampions21
            Bkchampions21 commented
            Editing a comment
            An email about what? the time and place to take the upcoming exam. I havent recieved anything from suffolk county yet. I did recieve an email for NYC corrections .... idk if i will still take that exam.

Anyone get anything about test location and time yet?

Comment

• Bkchampions21
            Bkchampions21 commented
            Editing a comment
            still havent heard anything either. I assume they will send out emails a week or two before the exam date. Similar to what NYC DOC did for their upcoming exam.

• howardo
            howardo commented
            Editing a comment
            Ah, bit annoying that they don’t give more notice.

• Bkchampions21
            Bkchampions21 commented
            Editing a comment
            i agree. i saw on their instagram page they took 18 recruits into the corrections academy this morning.

Anyone on the forum on the job in the suffolk sheriff’s office? I have yet to hear anything about the job, pay, overtime, hiring process.

Comment

Does anyone know what the academy is like ?

Comment

Just an update, received my room assignment i assume everyone else signed up did

Comment

• Bkchampions21
                Bkchampions21 commented
                Editing a comment
                I also got a letter from suffolk county just stating where the testing location will he etc. Not to be late because they won't admit you

• mwtthebus79
                mwtthebus79 commented
                Editing a comment
                FYI 2 people showed up late, one was 15 minutes and another was 30 minutes late with no pencil lol

• Bkchampions21
                Bkchampions21 commented
                Editing a comment
                It seemed like the monitors weren't too strict... I left my pencils in the car but they had some spare ones lol.

Test day tomorrow good luck to everyone!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3076 users online. 162 members and 2914 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X