Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jfmarshall1
    replied
    Hey socialjustice90, thanks for the response. Yes it’s tough to find any info on this position on the web. I did read a somewhat recent news article online that they did receive a new contract with a significant pay raise- I do believe though top pay is around 13-15 years on but I’m not 100 percent on that.

Leave a comment:

• Socialjustice90
    commented on 's reply
    I’m not a Suffolk county PO, but have been looking into the job for my wife. There isn’t much available information about the department online; however, I believe it’s a decent career. Based on publicly available salary information, Suffolk POs seem to receive regular raises, topping out somewhere in the 80’s. Suffolk county health insurance (assuming Suffolk blue cross blue shield). 25 year NYS peace officer retirement. Ability to promote, senior PO, supervisory, etc. If you’re interested in probation work I also encourage you to look into the federal system. Go to uscourts.gov and look at the probation officer postings. Starting pay is more generous than local, and it’s a very dynamic job.

• Presta194
    replied
    I can’t find any info on this job

Leave a comment:

• jfmarshall1
    replied
    Anyone know of any current/retired probation officers here on the board ? Is there another section on the forum that I should post this in ? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• jfmarshall1
    started a topic Suffolk County Probation Officer Exam 2021

Suffolk County Probation Officer Exam 2021

Hey everyone, just noticed on the Suffolk County civil service website that this exam is currently open to apply for. Does anyone here have any info/experience with this position ? Pay, benefits, growth, work life?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2897 users online. 134 members and 2763 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X