Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York City Correction Investigator (Civilian)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New York City Correction Investigator (Civilian)

Good afternoon everyone,

There was a recent announcement that the NYC Dept. of Corrections is doing a massive hiring of Investigators (civilian) to their Investigation division (ID) to investigate acts of misconduct allegedly committed by agency personnel such as: excessive use of force, undue familiarity with detainees, firearms regulation violations, erroneous discharges, escapes, improper outside employment, and any other on or off-duty conduct unbecoming a member of the Department, or of a nature that brings discredit upon the agency. In addition, the Investigation Division is charged with investigating allegations of sexual assault committed by staff and/or detainees.

Salary is $58,167.00 +

Vacancies is approximately 25 investigator slots with more openings in the foreseeable future.

All NYC DOC Investigators receive special patrolman status (Peace Officer) and pistol permit issued through NYPD.

Overall seems like a great opportunity for anyone to get there feet wet in Law Enforcement.

*Feel free to add or include positive or negative feedback about the job.

Originally posted by Dallasg15 View Post
    Good afternoon everyone,

There was a recent announcement that the NYC Dept. of Corrections is doing a massive hiring of Investigators (civilian) to their Investigation division (ID) to investigate acts of misconduct allegedly committed by agency personnel such as: excessive use of force, undue familiarity with detainees, firearms regulation violations, erroneous discharges, escapes, improper outside employment, and any other on or off-duty conduct unbecoming a member of the Department, or of a nature that brings discredit upon the agency. In addition, the Investigation Division is charged with investigating allegations of sexual assault committed by staff and/or detainees.

Salary is $58,167.00 +

Vacancies is approximately 25 investigator slots with more openings in the foreseeable future.

All NYC DOC Investigators receive special patrolman status (Peace Officer) and pistol permit issued through NYPD.

Overall seems like a great opportunity for anyone to get there feet wet in Law Enforcement.

Love it when Civilians tell people on the job how to perform their duties while never having step foot inside a jail. Not to mention getting peace officer status with firearm just to rat out officers

Comment

This job is not law enforcement.

not even close.

this job won’t get your “feet wet in law enforcement “. What you will be doing is trying to find anyway possible to get officers into trouble. You will be an inmate advocate and in your eyes the inmate is always right and the officer is always wrong. This is liberal New York for you.

if it sounds like I’m exaggerating... I’m not.

that is what will be expected of you.
      New York City Department of Correction and US Army. 🇺🇸

Comment

Pre-2020, these types of positions were largely being filled by applicants with a political agenda or an axe to grind with the justice system. I'm sure that mindset has only increased in the last 12 months. You're likely going to be surrounded by people who want more than accountability (which is always good), but people who want to cripple law enforcement and fundamentally change policing by neutering it. The agency I applied to in Seattle had that type of mentality and I quickly withdrew from the interview process when I realized it.

Comment

Bingo
          Originally posted by eli manning View Post
          this job is not law enforcement.

Not even close.

This job won’t get your “feet wet in law enforcement “. What you will be doing is trying to find anyway possible to get officers into trouble. You will be an inmate advocate and in your eyes the inmate is always right and the officer is always wrong. This is liberal new york for you.

If it sounds like i’m exaggerating... I’m not.

That is what will be expected of you.
          RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

This job will attract law students and people that are afraid to be a real corrections officer.

Comment

Absolutely.

and those same people will look to jam correction officers.

sad truth.

Comment

• Bidstar
                Bidstar commented
                Editing a comment
                I wonder why would they get a permit to carry firearms? If their only job is to investigate correction officers.

• BNWS
                BNWS commented
                Editing a comment
                To attract wannabe's who are afraid to be a CO but wanna say they're "cops" . Not to mention
                carry permits are hard to get in NYC so some people will even do this crap to get one.
                Last edited by BNWS; 06-10-2021, 12:12 AM.

Originally posted by Dallasg15 View Post
              Good afternoon everyone,

Salary is $58,167.00 +

It looks just a PD's IAB. Why don't they just set up a unit within their dept the way the NYPD does and use it as a carrot tease towards promotion. At least you'd have experienced CO's instead of kids doing the investigations.

I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
                Winter_Patriot commented
                Editing a comment
                This is very much intentional. They want the civilian investigations to be entirely separate from law enforcement. I actually think that creates more bias, because the civilian investigators have an agenda to find as much misconduct as possible, instead of just following the evidence. I've seen it set up so they're entirely different organization with civilian leadership and no actual sworn officers doing the investigating.

They're aiming for results like this.

https://nypost.com/2021/06/10/nypd-o...be-fired-ccrb/

Comment

Exactly ! What a shame

Comment

Originally posted by GoldBadge View Post

It looks just a PD's IAB. Why don't they just set up a unit within their dept the way the NYPD does and use it as a carrot tease towards promotion. At least you'd have experienced CO's instead of kids doing the investigations.
                  They do have MOS in the unit but majority of them are civilians and allot of them want to play "cops" or are liberal graduates who hate law enforcement. High turn over rate as most leave due to low pay.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4502 users online. 307 members and 4195 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X