300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Yonkers Police Department Exam

Yonkers Police Department will begin hiring. Good luck to all those who apply, and thank you for your future service. Here are some key bits of information: https://www.yonkersny.gov/live/publi...nt/recruitment
    • Exam Date: Sat, Sept 18, 2021
    • Filing Opens: Fri, May 14, 2021
    • Filing Closes: Wed, July 14, 2021
    • Applicants must be legal residents of Westchester, Nassau, Putnam, Rockland, or Bronx Counties*

This one is probably a long shot for non Yonkers residents, but I’m going to apply anyways.

Comment

• Sarudo
      Sarudo commented
      Editing a comment
      I know. The only reason I haven't tried anywhere else is because I was focusing on completing my Bachelor's (which after this Monday I believe all my requirements will have been met). By no means do I want to join the NYPD - especially after folks OTJ have said to stay away.

• Bidstar
      Bidstar commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea definitely, I’m also finishing my Bachelors as well hopefully PAPD do update us soon since the city I reopening now so probably more business and money will be moving around. Ideally would be dope to have a PAPD academy ready to go for next year. Meanwhile I’m trying to get physically ready for the PT.

• Sarudo
      Sarudo commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol you and me both. Just finished my last class so I'm happy.

• Bidstar
      Bidstar commented
      Editing a comment
      Faxx my last semester is on fall.

Does anyone know the typical work week schedule for officers?

Comment

• Sarudo
      Sarudo commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't unfortunately, but if you can, perhaps you can take a little field trip to a precinct and ask any questions you have about the job to the officers/commanding officer there.

• Rtorr19
      Rtorr19 commented
      Editing a comment
      Would you say papd is better than Yonkers pd?

• Sarudo
      Sarudo commented
      Editing a comment
      Truth be told, anything at this point is good lol, besides NYPD (no offense). With Yonkers, it says they start off at 72k and hit 102k after 5 1/2 years. With PAPD, you start off around 42k but hit 124k after 10 years. That's just base pay I believe. But numbers are one thing, quality of life is different. From what I understand, Yonkers is a typical police job, whereas PAPD (and MTA PD) are police but more focused on security applications for property owned by their parent organizations. Another thing, Yonkers PD is concentrated within Yonkers, whereas PAPD has authority within both New York and New Jersey. I haven't invested as much research into Yonkers as I have PAPD because I'm not eligible for Yonkers, being that I reside in Kings County and not the areas specified within their requirements.

I've seen someone state this before: wherever you end up, make sure you're happy with it lol. Take as many tests as you possibly can until someone gets back to you. And research research research! I hope this answers your question.

Work schedule is 4 on 2 off 4 on 3 off unless they switched

Comment

• Rtorr19
      Rtorr19 commented
      Editing a comment
      4 on 2 off for one week and 4 on 3 off the Second week in rotation?

Deleted***
    Last edited by Rtorr19; 05-17-2021, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Might apply for this department, how is Yonkers in terms of crime? Is it busy ? Someone above wrote that they do the 2 off 3 off RDOs like NYPD is that true? Any OTJ Yonkers cops here ? Do you like your job? Or are you miserable ?

Comment

Originally posted by columbia09 View Post
        Might apply for this department, how is Yonkers in terms of crime? Is it busy ? Someone above wrote that they do the 2 off 3 off RDOs like NYPD is that true? Any OTJ Yonkers cops here ? Do you like your job? Or are you miserable ?
        Do you live in yonkers? 3rd and 4th pct stay busy specially in good weather. The schedule is 4 days on 2 off 4 on 3 off. Not miserable at all.

Comment

• LikeMinded
          LikeMinded commented
          Editing a comment
          Pm'd you, if you don't mind

I do not live in Yonkers hence why I was asking

Comment

• LikeMinded
          LikeMinded commented
          Editing a comment
          Sarudo my point was not whether he can take it or not. He can most likely take the exam, but he would be wasting 100$. Yonkers has a resident and a non resident list. They hire residents before going to non-residents. They never have exhausted the resident list to get to non-residents from what I have heard. I am a resident and got an 85 in 2017 and was never called. They only reached up to the 90s.

• Sarudo
          Sarudo commented
          Editing a comment
          Ohh okay, I misunderstood what you meant.

• columbia09
          columbia09 commented
          Editing a comment
          So there’s no cops working for Yonkers who live upstate or out on LI?

• LikeMinded
          LikeMinded commented
          Editing a comment
          columbia09 Im sure there are, but they probably moved there after getting employment. Have to be a resident to get in.

I live in Putnam but I’m still going to try. I have to try to leave the NYPD again, it’s not looking good with these mayor candidates either.

Comment

• LikeMinded
          LikeMinded commented
          Editing a comment
          Putnam just had an exam I believe on saturday.

You have to live in Yonkers eventually?

Comment

• LikeMinded
          LikeMinded commented
          Editing a comment
          To be appointed you have to live there. I think after probation you can move.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2712 users online. 169 members and 2543 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X