Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Weapons (Pistols)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • NYPD Weapons (Pistols)

    Hi,

    I had another two questions:

    The Cops from the NYPD can carry one (of four) different pistols.
    The:
    - Sig 226
    - SW 4946
    - Clock 19
    What kind of pistol was the Number 4?
    A Beretta 92 F?

    The NYPD use the Gold Dot bullets.
    How much grains/gr.? (There are two different in the catalog.)


    Best wishes from the hot Frankfurt/Germany Downtown.

    Frank M.

  • #2
    We had a thread around here recently about this. I seem to remember on-duty choices being the SIG P226 DAO, S&W 5946, and GLOCK 19, and off-duty/BUG choices being the GLOCK 26, SIG P239 DAK, S&W J-frame, and 3913.

    I think the GD is 124grain.
    Refuse to be a victim-Support Concealed Carry

    Comment


    • #3
      Here's the thread:

      http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67345

      Comment


      • #4
        OKAY, thank you all.

        Frank

        Comment


        • #5
          speer GD 124+P
          MTS, 013

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by SGeringer View Post
            off-duty/BUG choices being the GLOCK 26, SIG P239 DAK, S&W J-frame, and 3913.
            They cant choose their own off duty weapons? I know a detective in the city, and i know he carries a G26 off duty, I didnt know he had such a limited choice.
            Stay safe, vest up.
            OCSO Explorer Post 5110
            http://www.myspace.com/explorerpost5110

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Ltpolicecadet07 View Post
              They cant choose their own off duty weapons? I know a detective in the city, and i know he carries a G26 off duty, I didnt know he had such a limited choice.
              yep limited to those guns except its the 3914 not the 3913 and its the 239 DAO not DAK

              Comment


              • #8
                i just bought my off-duty Glock 26 today...after i get all the acquisition paperwork done & the heavier NYPD DAO trigger placed at the range i want to carry it on patrol along with my G19 issue...anybody know what kind of holster i should use thats easily concealed & gives me easy access on patrol?
                Last edited by BklynsFinest347; 07-03-2007, 09:18 PM. Reason: ...
                "...There are the wolves, and the wolves feed on the sheep without mercy.
                Then there are sheepdogs, and I'm a sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf."
                LtCol. Dave Grossman (Ret. US Army Ranger)

                ----------------------------------------
                RIP PO Brandon Rocke (NBBS/67 PCT/70 PCT) | EOT 04/04/2009
                "...Till We Meet Again"

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by BklynsFinest347 View Post
                  i just bought my off-duty Glock 26 today...after i get all the acquisition paperwork done & the heavier NYPD DAO trigger placed at the range i want to carry it on patrol along with my G19 issue...anybody know what kind of holster i should use thats easily concealed & gives me easy access on patrol?
                  Congrats, I commend you for choosing to carry a back-up gun. Its not the most popular thing to do but real life statistics have proven that carrying a BUG can save your life.

                  The G26 is an excellent BUG and off duty gun. I've always caried my G26 BUG in a DeSantis Apache ankle holster.

                  Alot of folks dont like carrying on the ankle but you can and will get used to it. It is excellent for concealment and minimises clutter on your gun belt. Remember speed is not as important in accessing a BUG. Whats important is that you have it on you.

                  However carrying in an ankle holster off duty as your primary gun is not a good idea as you cant get to your gun as quickly as you should for a primary gun.

                  stay safe

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ColtM4 View Post
                    Congrats, I commend you for choosing to carry a back-up gun. Its not the most popular thing to do but real life statistics have proven that carrying a BUG can save your life.

                    The G26 is an excellent BUG and off duty gun. I've always caried my G26 BUG in a DeSantis Apache ankle holster.

                    Alot of folks dont like carrying on the ankle but you can and will get used to it. It is excellent for concealment and minimises clutter on your gun belt. Remember speed is not as important in accessing a BUG. Whats important is that you have it on you.

                    However carrying in an ankle holster off duty as your primary gun is not a good idea as you cant get to your gun as quickly as you should for a primary gun.

                    stay safe
                    Thanks for you comments, I appreciate it! I checked out that holster that you mentioned online and it looks cool, but at the range, they said that ankle holsters aren't recommended because you might lose your gun while running to something. Is the holster VERY secure? The thumb break/snap is definitely a plus but I'm worried about it falling off my ankle when I'm running. How does that work for you? What buff store did you get it at & how much did it cost there?
                    "...There are the wolves, and the wolves feed on the sheep without mercy.
                    Then there are sheepdogs, and I'm a sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf."
                    LtCol. Dave Grossman (Ret. US Army Ranger)

                    ----------------------------------------
                    RIP PO Brandon Rocke (NBBS/67 PCT/70 PCT) | EOT 04/04/2009
                    "...Till We Meet Again"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by BklynsFinest347 View Post
                      Thanks for you comments, I appreciate it! I checked out that holster that you mentioned online and it looks cool, but at the range, they said that ankle holsters aren't recommended because you might lose your gun while running to something. Is the holster VERY secure? The thumb break/snap is definitely a plus but I'm worried about it falling off my ankle when I'm running. How does that work for you? What buff store did you get it at & how much did it cost there?
                      I agree that improperly worn a gun in an ankle holster can come out during a foot chase. That said you have to get one that will hold onto your leg and the BUG firmly.

                      Thats why I like the Apache , it really holds onto your leg and properly worn, that gun is not coming out. I've gone through many types of ankle holsters through the years and have stayed with the Apache for the last 10. Its also the most comfortable I've found.

                      You can get it at any gun store. If you live in the city I know that NY Ironworks at 219 Park Row (across from One PP ) carryies them. You can also get them online.

                      They cost around $35-$40

                      One thing to keep in mind is that only you know what works for you. Through the years your gonna have to try many things before you know what works for you.

                      During the winter months its much easier as you can put the BUG in a shoulder holster under your cruiser jacket.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        as far as size how do the off duty weapons compare? the G19 was too small for my hand, the smith was too heavy, I liked the sig feeling. But I didnt get to try the off duty weapons any feedback?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Ruwkus View Post
                          as far as size how do the off duty weapons compare? the G19 was too small for my hand, the smith was too heavy, I liked the sig feeling. But I didnt get to try the off duty weapons any feedback?
                          My guess is that you're in the academy right now. When you get to the firearms training portion at Rodman's Neck, they'll let you handle the inoperable off-duties for you to choose, just like when you handled & chose your service firearm at E 20th Street. These are the authorized off-duties you'll choose from:

                          Glock 26
                          S&W 3914 (Blued Steel Finish)
                          Sig-Sauer P239
                          S&W 3953 TSW (Stainless Steel Finish)

                          Good luck...
                          "...There are the wolves, and the wolves feed on the sheep without mercy.
                          Then there are sheepdogs, and I'm a sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf."
                          LtCol. Dave Grossman (Ret. US Army Ranger)

                          ----------------------------------------
                          RIP PO Brandon Rocke (NBBS/67 PCT/70 PCT) | EOT 04/04/2009
                          "...Till We Meet Again"

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            i would not use it

                            Originally posted by ColtM4 View Post
                            I agree that improperly worn a gun in an ankle holster can come out during a foot chase. That said you have to get one that will hold onto your leg and the BUG firmly.

                            Thats why I like the Apache , it really holds onto your leg and properly worn, that gun is not coming out. I've gone through many types of ankle holsters through the years and have stayed with the Apache for the last 10. Its also the most comfortable I've found.

                            You can get it at any gun store. If you live in the city I know that NY Ironworks at 219 Park Row (across from One PP ) carryies them. You can also get them online.

                            They cost around $35-$40

                            One thing to keep in mind is that only you know what works for you. Through the years your gonna have to try many things before you know what works for you.

                            During the winter months its much easier as you can put the BUG in a shoulder holster under your cruiser jacket.
                            if you must wear an ankle holster,get a pair of thin dress socks that have at least 50% lycra.wear that sock OVER THE HOLSTER.
                            retired cop

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Take your time purchasing your off-duty gun..YOU have to put out money for it..so get the one you really like. Even if you picked one in the academy to qual with, you can always change it...my class was the first to get the Sig..I used that..and ended up getting the Glock 26 and never looked back..I use a DeSantis IWB holster and a Blackhawk SERPA holster when I'm flying the desk..no problems at all.

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 4643 users online. 258 members and 4385 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X