300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Partnered Patrols

Does any LE agency in CNY or Upstate NY do partnered partols (meaning two officers in one vehicle) anymore? I know at one point NYSP had partnered patrols for certain hours during the night, is this still true? Any thoughts about this?

Yes, the NYSP still partner up after a certain time. In the area that I worked previously, the Sheriff's Office deputies did not partner up. They do partner up in my current patrol area.

Having someone right there to back you up is invaluable, especially in very rural areas in the middle of the night.

Comment

My deptment uses 2- man cars from 12a-8a on Sun-Thur and from 8p-8a on Fri and Sat. I was really surprised to hear that Utica PD was running 1 man cars around the clock. Utica a pretty tough town. They had a cop killed up there just a few months ago.

Comment

Suffolk County covers certain sectors with two-officer cars, also certain details patrol in pairs.

Comment

i know in new rochelle pd in southern ny there is 9 sectors they are by themselves and then there are a few cars that are two mannedand then there is the emergancy service unit truck that are two manned. and then the supervisors suv truck are one manned... thats all from just visual though as i drive around but id say its pretty accurate

Comment

Thanks for the info. I'm hopeing to become a trooper in the future (along with everyone else in NYS) and I would like to based somewhere around here or in the ADK's. I feel a lot better now knowing that I would be partnered up at night seeing as the closest unit (at least around here) may be 10-15 mins away.

Comment

thats one reason why i wouldnt like to be a cop in a rural area... knowing backup is like 10 minutes away and all.. where in ny u from otvfd? u takin the nys test next spring i think it is? i know the deadline to apply is by december

Comment

Originally posted by NYCRJmajor914 View Post
                thats one reason why i wouldnt like to be a cop in a rural area... knowing backup is like 10 minutes away and all.. where in ny u from otvfd? u takin the nys test next spring i think it is? i know the deadline to apply is by december
                I'm from a small city about 45 mins from Syracuse. I've already signed up for the Trooper test. I'm also taking the University Police test and Park Police.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4084 users online. 239 members and 3845 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X