300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYPD test

anyone taking the NYPD test next saturday the 16th? i just got my admissions card.. its at Washington Iriving HS on 40 Irving pl ... im still debating if i want to drive or not im from westchester county. It also sucks that u cant have a cell phone so if i decide to take the train ill have no phone

Take the phone just have it on silent and do not have it exposed basically they dont want you have it out on the open text messaginbg people for answers or taking any calls during the test or your ringer to interrupt the test. Take it with you and have it either on silent or vibrate mode thats all.

Comment

om the thing it says no cell phones in the building

Comment

I left my phone in the car and may have been the only one. If you plan on using it as a watch or something, don't bother...you can't take it out during the test. If you are concerned about not having it while using mass transit, I would say just shut it off and stick it your pocket a block away from the test.

Good luck on the test!!

Comment

I agree, just turn it off and you'll be fine. Everyone had phones with them when I took the test.

BTW, if you want to bring a calculator bring a very simple one. If it's a big scientific model, you won't be allowed to use it.

Comment

I am taking it there on the 16th. I am also bringing my phone. It will be off during the exam. Good luck!

Comment

yea thats what i thought i havent been on the train or subway in like 6 or so years and then i wasnt even by myself lol im probably gonna drive down park near pelham bay where the 6 train starts and just take that all the way down. I think it would be easier then taking metro north down to grand central then gettin the 6 train. Plus that saves me like 14 bucks

Comment

I'm taking the test there on Sunday, the 24th and I'm coming up from New Jersey. Does anyone know of any good websites that helps with subway/train directions? Also, does it matter what you wear to take the test?

Comment

Look on the MTA Website there is actually a number you can call that has an operator that can you give you the best possible directions to your location. You can wear anything you want, just dont wear your birthday suit. I dont think the others will apperiate it.
                  "I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six."
                  - A Cop's Maxim

Comment

so all we need is a calculator? no pencils?

Comment

if' i'm coming to the city, i'll need my cell phone to get in contact with other people after the test for some dinner or what not.

I think i'll need a backpack because i'm bringing a snack and some energy drinks, iPod, etc etc.... hope they let me in, otherwise i'm screwed.

Comment

coming in from nj. taking the Q train...
                        NJDOP
                        Written Exam - 93.5
                        NYPD
                        Written Exam (June 2007) - 88

Comment

try http://www.hopstop.com for train directions
                          This isn't a rehearsal, this is real life, you only get 1 chance.

Comment

Did anybody else find any problems with the Kidnapping question over force? Was it just me or did none of the answers fit the question...

Comment

what was the general topic of the question???

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5093 users online. 316 members and 4777 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X