300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wa1rior View Post

State lawmakers send a letter to de Blasio recommending to raise NYPD salary back in 2020 but nothing happens, here is some fun stat by the New York State Senate. "NYPD officers earn an average of 40% less than the MTA Police, Port Authority Police, and State Troopers, and almost 50% less than cops in police departments in the city’s suburbs". Remember that some politicians are also pushing for New York City residency requirements for NYPD officers.
    NYC politicians just don’t care. They hate NYPD with passion and will keep trying their hardest to keep paying them peanuts, but they were quick to change the pension from 20 years to 22.5. Which in reality is 25.
    Last edited by Bidstar; 06-01-2021, 06:49 PM.

Comment

State lawmakers send a letter to de Blasio recommending to raise NYPD salary back in 2020 but nothing happens, here is some fun stat by the New York State Senate. "NYPD officers earn an average of 40% less than the MTA Police, Port Authority Police, and State Troopers, and almost 50% less than cops in police departments in the city’s suburbs". Remember that some politicians are also pushing for New York City residency requirements for NYPD officers.
      And what do any of them have to say about this ?

Comment

Originally posted by columbia09 View Post

And what do any of them have to say about this ?
        Not a damn thing.

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post

Not a damn thing.
          It’s a dam shame. Y’all do so much on the street and they pay you crumbs while going on TV praising the department, and handing out pizzas to all of the commands. Because as we all know, pizza makes everything better even the low paychecks of the nypd

Comment

I wonder when NYPD will get a new contract.. it is insane how much more surrounding departments pay.

Comment

Originally posted by IL37F View Post
              I wonder when NYPD will get a new contract.. it is insane how much more surrounding departments pay.
              Never, the pay is poor and they like that

Comment

Originally posted by Bidstar View Post

...change the pension from 20 years to 22.5. Which in reality is 25.
                HOW does 22.5 equate to 25???

Comment

• columbia09
                  columbia09 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You get the COLA at 25 years but to my understanding, if we stay pass 25 years, there’s no increase of anything like tier 2 so there’s literally no point staying pass 25

• HighwayBob
                  HighwayBob commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I can't see COLA being anything significant - certainly not significant enough to stay an extra 2.5 years with the way things are now. Do new hires still get the variable supplement? I lost track of that over the years.

• columbia09
                  columbia09 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I believe we still do. Is that the $12,000 check we get at the end of the year ?

• HighwayBob
                  HighwayBob commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You tell me. I would think so but you should know your retirement benefits a lot better than I do.

Anyone has an idea abt the parking near Lafayette Manhattan doing

Comment

• HighwayBob
                  HighwayBob commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Please re-write your question in proper English. I have no idea what you're asking.

• columbia09
                  columbia09 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Deleted………

Took this exam yesterday, instant results. I got 51/55.

Comment

• HighwayBob
                  HighwayBob commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Congratulations. You're on your way to being miserable for 22.5 years.

• columbia09
                  columbia09 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  HighwayBob they have no idea what they’re in for. God help them if Maya Weily becomes the next Mayor. Maybe that’ll be enough to make more cops leave for other lines of work. If the OP is military (his avatar is airborne) you’re better off staying active or switching Air Force.

Originally posted by IL37F View Post
                Took this exam yesterday, instant results. I got 51/55.
                Get in line and get ready to wait and wait and wait.

Comment

Get in line and get ready to wait and wait and wait.
                  I Will hit minimum age in a year and a half so I suppose the timing is good.

Comment

Got an email today inviting me to create an account on the NYPD candidate portal, looks like the process may be moving faster than usual.

Comment

• Bkchampions21
                      Bkchampions21 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      yeah i got the same email. I registered and began filling out the forms.

Yea but the link doesn’t work. Or am I the only one?

Comment

Yea link hasn’t been working for me too.

Comment

Geese it says I’m list number 13,283. Well I Guess I ain’t getting called. I believe there’s like 13000 before me. Welp so much for that lol.

Comment

• Bidstar
                          Bidstar commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Nah, now the hiring process is first come first serve. I was in the 12,000 last exam and was emailed like 2 weeks later to start the process

• Khris2468
                          Khris2468 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          And did you get in the academy with list number 12,000? I meant as far as getting g hired in the academy. I’m 13,283. That’s far bro.

• Sarudo
                          Sarudo commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I'm sure they'll get to your number soon. Before I canceled my processing with them, list number 3,1XX - Exam #8339, I was told that the listings are good for 4 years. If the NYPD really needs people, then I'm sure you'll get something soon. Khris2468

• Bidstar
                          Bidstar commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Khris2468 I stopped my process but my friend was in the range of low 12,000s in the same list as me and he got into the academy. And he started his process in January of this year, when the nypd needs people they will rush as much people as they can through the process.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3849 users online. 270 members and 3579 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X