300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYPD Transit

Hey all, I was just wondering real quick, is transit a post you can request out of the academy, or is it "specialized" like other divisions??? I'm really interested in getting K9, and with transit starting up a new K9 unit, I was thinking maybe that would be my best route. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

No, it's not specialized. After the Academy you'll wind up assigned to Housing, Transit, or a station house.

Comment

thanks for the reply!! I appreciate it

Comment

I thought in the academy you get a wish list and they will try to accomedate you? I guess with impact they really don't have a choice were you go but I do know for sure they put you closest to where you live.

Comment

Originally posted by Jayc6018 View Post
          I thought in the academy you get a wish list and they will try to accomedate you? I guess with impact they really don't have a choice were you go but I do know for sure they put you closest to where you live.
          yea....they give u were u want since they are very short on officers.......yeaaa....sorry for the sarcasm but no you make a wish list and they TRY and accomodate you as best as possible, but say you live in like bum **** staten island they won't send you out near long island or the bronx unless you request it, you'll prolly get put in like brooklyn or something like that...they put you where they need you...as for transit and housing yes you can wind up there after the academy, some people LOVE it, some HATE it, to each their own. I personally want to go into a station when i get out of the academy but i have spoken to many transit and housing cops (i use to work with a lot of different officers doing paid detail) and most of them love what they are doing, a select few found it too boring and didn't like it too much.

Comment

Does the transit bureau prefer local guys who know their way around the subways and stuff, or is that something you pick up on the job? I think I'd like to work transit but I'm from upstate and I'm definitely no expert on the trains.

Comment

Originally posted by Kafziel View Post
              Does the transit bureau prefer local guys who know their way around the subways and stuff, or is that something you pick up on the job? I think I'd like to work transit but I'm from upstate and I'm definitely no expert on the trains.
              from what my aunt tells me, she's been on the job 12 yrs, transit has one very bad thing, the air you breath is horrible, she said she knew a SGT. who was in transit and one day she told her that she was coughing up black flem from the very dirty air in the subways...so i dunno ...

Comment

Originally posted by Jayc6018 View Post

I'm guessing you were never military. But just remember these important words. "For the needs of the Department..." I have a buddy of mine stationed down in the 13, which is definately NOT anywhere near where he lives. Once you're in, you're just a number and they'll toss you where you're needed.

Comment

Are you allowed to put in a transfer request after a certain amount of time? How likely are you to get that request if the NYPD even allow them?

Comment

Originally posted by TheFlash37 View Post
                    Are you allowed to put in a transfer request after a certain amount of time? How likely are you to get that request if the NYPD even allow them?
                    yes your allowed to put in for a transfer...just uh when it gets looked at and if it ever gets signed off you NEVER know....unless you know a lot of people high up to pull some strings for you

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6108 users online. 345 members and 5763 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X