Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do not join the NYPD

Deleted.........
    Last edited by columbia09; 04-07-2021, 05:20 PM.

Didn’t know 100k + was being underpaid

its all about $, benefits and job security which you have so I don’t see the issue. Plenty of people would take your job right now with no questions asked!
    Yonkers Police Exam
    Date: 3/26/2014
    Score: 90
    List: Zone 3
    Agility Test: 5/1/2016 - (Passed)

NYC DOC Exam 6315
    Date: 1/9/2016
    Score: 9X.X%
    List: 1XX
    Orientation: 6/24/16
    Medical:6/24/16
    Agility:7/9/16
    Written Psych:8/2/16
    Oral Psych:
    PE:

Environmental Police Officer Exam 6316
    Date: 6/8/16

*US Army Veteran~2nd Cavalry Regiment*

Comment

• CLT704
      CLT704 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, but it’s 100k in NYC. It doesn’t go as far as 100k in Alabama where you would live like a king.

• Aidokea
      Aidokea commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup. That's why I lived and worked in paradise, and then bought a ranch in Texas when I retired. You sure couldn't do it the other way around...

• Nightsquad
      Nightsquad commented
      Editing a comment
      100K doesn't go very far in NYC, Long Island, NJ, and the northern suburbs. Yes the benefits are good but the word job security should be taken with a grain of salt. There are lots of things that can affect job security. With immunity and indemnification protections gone your job security has been compromised. I get it's a desirable career but listen to the veteran cops here, LE in mid to large cities is definitely under fire. Listen to their advice and try to secure a gig with a suburban, state, or federal department.

Deleted........
    Last edited by columbia09; 04-07-2021, 05:21 PM.

Comment

• Bidstar
      Bidstar commented
      Editing a comment
      Those going through the NYPD academy right now are crazy, they should keep their nose clean for 1-2 years and transfer out ASAP before they start having more responsibilities outside of the job.I also took exam 0320 as well but no way in hell I will go through with that hiring process anymore.

Originally posted by columbia09 View Post
    In case you haven’t read yet, the city council just ended qualifying immunity meaning citizens now have the right to sue you civilly and the PC was jumping for joy on this. https://council.nyc.gov/press/2021/03/25/2079/

do not join ! Even to start your time, go MTA, NCPD, SCPD
    There's always the chance of what you mentioned spilling over to any, if not all, of these other agencies within the next decade.

Comment

• Bidstar
      Bidstar commented
      Editing a comment
      Deleted......
      Last edited by Bidstar; 04-03-2021, 11:22 AM.

Originally posted by Nyk20z3 View Post
    Didn’t know 100k + was being underpaid

its all about $, benefits and job security which you have so I don’t see the issue. Plenty of people would take your job right now with no questions asked!
    Lmao job security? A civilian with no law enforcement experience decides if you get fired or not. As far as the 100k plus it comes out to the low $2000s after taxes union dues and pension which is nothing living in the nyc area.

Comment

It’s even less then that for me with no OT because I’m doing differed comp. point is the pay is pathetically low for the NYC area

Comment

My cousin was OTJ and transferred over to Port Authority PD. He loves it over there. I took Exam #8339 as a last resort in case my other choices didn't work out. Now, sheesh. Thanks for letting us know columbia09.

Comment

• Sarudo
          Sarudo commented
          Editing a comment
          I looks like a great job. I'm almost finished with my Bachelor's degree requirements so my focus is on that before I apply anywhere else.

• Bidstar
          Bidstar commented
          Editing a comment
          I read you can apply if you have 80 credits and will graduate before June 2022

• Sarudo
          Sarudo commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh I've got nearly three times that amount lol. I may apply but unsure atm.

• Bidstar
          Bidstar commented
          Editing a comment
          Yea same with me, I’m not too much into highway stuff, I lean more towards traditional patrol/federal work.

Deleted............
        Last edited by columbia09; 04-07-2021, 05:21 PM.

Comment

• Sarudo
          Sarudo commented
          Editing a comment
          I've been following the NYPD since around 2017 and had the chance to speak with a Lieutenant. I believe you completely. When I was processing for the MTA PD, I had another chance to speak with some NYPD Transit officers to ask which agency was better. It was a resounding "MTA" lol. Unfortunately I'm not in the running for MTA PD anymore, but hope is still alive.

It's going to be like that more and more, in the big liberal-run cities...

Comment

It's always been this way.

Comment

Originally posted by Anti-crime View Post
            Lmao job security? A civilian with no law enforcement experience decides if you get fired or not. As far as the 100k plus it comes out to the low $2000s after taxes union dues and pension which is nothing living in the nyc area.
            You don’t have to live in NYC, I know plenty of nypd cops who don’t live in the boroughs and do really well. They also don’t ever feel that there job is at risk, if you do your job accordingly to the book then you shouldn’t have anything to worry about. Just stupid to see people complaining about this kind of job when plenty of people would take it with no questions asked. Transfer if you don’t like it
            Yonkers Police Exam
            Date: 3/26/2014
            Score: 90
            List: Zone 3
            Agility Test: 5/1/2016 - (Passed)

NYC DOC Exam 6315
            Date: 1/9/2016
            List: 1XX
            Orientation: 6/24/16
            Medical:6/24/16
            Agility:7/9/16
            Written Psych:8/2/16
            Oral Psych:
            PE:

Environmental Police Officer Exam 6316
            Date: 6/8/16

*US Army Veteran~2nd Cavalry Regiment*

Comment

Deleted............
              Last edited by columbia09; 04-07-2021, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nyk20z3 View Post

You don’t have to live in NYC, I know plenty of nypd cops who don’t live in the boroughs and do really well. They also don’t ever feel that there job is at risk, if you do your job accordingly to the book then you shouldn’t have anything to worry about. Just stupid to see people complaining about this kind of job when plenty of people would take it with no questions asked. Transfer if you don’t like it
                Are you on the job with the City?

Comment

Originally posted by LukeSW View Post

There's always the chance of what you mentioned spilling over to any, if not all, of these other agencies within the next decade.
                  Of course it will spill over.. Governor Cuomo ordered all local governments to reform policing or lose funding.

https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/gov...s-and-programs

Comment

Don't take that job! If you do, you absolutely have to plan on getting out within 5 years and get on another job.

Law Enforcement in Democrat controlled states was always an issue but now it's totally out of control.

Comment

• Bidstar
                      Bidstar commented
                      Editing a comment
                      ((Deleted))
                      Last edited by Bidstar; 04-07-2021, 07:58 PM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4807 users online. 257 members and 4550 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X