Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking forward to academy, been through two and looking forward to coming back home to NY. Good old push ups can't wait. LOL!! Good Luck as well.

Comment

Test #28423

First Contacted: 8/4/21

Psych Test : 8/7/21
      Medical/ Physical/ Met Investigator : 9/14/21 ( Was Told 2-4 Month )
      Psych Interview : 9/24/21
      Update From My Investigator : 1/14/21 ( He Said Everything Is Good Hopefully I'll Get A Call Within The Next Month )

Still Waiting ......

Comment

It’s been about 4 months since my psychological. Is there a point where they tell you that you didn’t get the job?

Comment

Did you try contacting your investigator

Comment

• JRB
            JRB commented
            Editing a comment
            I did he said he can’t tell me

Jrb don't think negative bro. I just got the call this morning. Feb 13 academy.

Vrscr do you remember what you had to bring to the academy? I know a suit, clean shaving and clean hair cut. Do the PT gear need to be gray?
          Last edited by JEROD2018; 01-26-2022, 10:29 AM.

Comment

• Vrscr
            Vrscr commented
            Editing a comment
            They will email you with instructions. You need to get a lot of stuff.

• JEROD2018
            JEROD2018 commented
            Editing a comment
            Do you know if we can drive up there? As in parking for cadets?

• Vrscr
            Vrscr commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes you can drive. And there is parking

Has anybody gotten their appointment letter yet for the Academy?
          Last week Friday my investigator called and said the academy class will be starting on the 13th and that I should be receiving at a letter through email with instructions?

Comment

• JEROD2018
            JEROD2018 commented
            Editing a comment
            My investigator said the samething. I'll be getting an email either instructions and documents to sign and email back. I have not gotten anything yet. Maybe check your junk folder. It could have been sent their.

• sjs35
            sjs35 commented
            Editing a comment
            I contacted my investigator yesterday about it. He said they're still working on getting the packet/emails out. I should receive mine no later than Friday.

• JEROD2018
            JEROD2018 commented
            Editing a comment
            That's great sj

I received my instruction this morning via email.

Comment

Okay... the call was one thing. Got those documents in my email. It's official. Now gotta go shopping.

Comment

• BAM@81
              [email protected] commented
              Editing a comment
              What’s on the list to bring up there ?

This is just some of the things. There is more but it will be in the Email they send you. I suggest your order on Amazon or walmart. Since you need a lot hanes will be your best bet. Sneaker wise... you choose which is better. I'm not sure what shoes they want. So I'm going to Ollenville Arms to get the foot gear. It's a Leo Uniform store in the bronx. That will be your best best or similar store.

Number 1 thing is bring a sandwich because they won't feed you on the 1st day.

Physical training (PT) attire:
            3 – light grey shorts

5 – light grey crew neck T-shirts

3 – light grey sweatpants

3 – light grey sweatshirts (plain – no writing or logos, no hoods, no zippers, etc.)

1 – pair gym shoes (sneakers)

5 – pair white gym socks

1 – plain black leather shoes or military-style boots with heels not exceeding one inch (1”) in height, capable of holding a high polish, for wearing with uniforms. No dress shoes, square toes, designer shoes, or patent-leather shoes will be worn with uniforms.

5 – white crew-neck undershirts to be worn under uniform shirt

Personal hygiene items (e.g. toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, haircare items)

Cloth laundry bag

Sewing needle with dark blue or black thread

Black shoe polish, black socks

Pens (black or blue ink) and #2 pencils

Spiral notebook with holes suitable for fitting into a 3” round ring binder

Combination lock

Optional items:

alarm clock (without radio)

clothes hangers

Last edited by JEROD2018; 01-29-2022, 07:36 PM.

Comment

• BAM@81
              Editing a comment
              Thanks bro .. I’m also in the bx .. I’ll check out that store … I’m still waiting on my call … good luck up there man !!

• JEROD2018
              JEROD2018 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you. Good luck to you also bro.

• poolearmor
              poolearmor commented
              Editing a comment
              you will need at least 2 clothes hangers. one for hanging up your business suit and one for hanging up you PT for display

• JEROD2018
              JEROD2018 commented
              Editing a comment
              Are ankle or low crew socks okay or do they want us wearing regular crew socks for PT
              Last edited by JEROD2018; 01-31-2022, 03:39 PM.

• I pray that I get that call next the anticipation is draining hope to be in that February class another one already down the drain let’s see what this is about!!

Comment

• JEROD2018
              JEROD2018 commented
              Editing a comment
              I was at that point also. Pretty much starting giving up. They called last second and now I'm beating myself up cause I have to start getting in shape. Never realized how our of shape I am. Push-ups and sit ups. Wow... just don't give up Scooby

• In the packet we received it says something about an annual TB test. Do we need to get a TB test before we go to the academy?

Comment

• JEROD2018
              JEROD2018 commented
              Editing a comment
              I called the number that was sent... ofcourse no answer and no voicemail. Called my investigator no answer. Hopefully he will get back to me.

• sjs35
              sjs35 commented
              Editing a comment
              Okay, let me know. Thanks!

• JEROD2018
              JEROD2018 commented
              Editing a comment
              He said all the medical stuff will be done at the academy. Don't need to do anything before hand.

• Thanxs Brother I’m staying positive and good luck I’m the academy you got this it’s a mental thing

Comment

• GOT THE CALL TODAY! I report on 2/27. Waiting for my welcome packet. I’m so nervous guys!

Comment

• JEROD2018
                JEROD2018 commented
                Editing a comment
                I feel you. I'm in the class 2/13. Last couple of months didn't think this would be happening so I just got lazy with my security job. Now I'm working out as much as possible to be in somewhat shape. Nervous and excited. Good luck bro.

• Ganzy98
                Ganzy98 commented
                Editing a comment
                Same to you brother! I know, the wait was so discouraging I let my guard down now I have two weeks to hit the gym hard lol!

• Also Got Called Today Report On 2/27

Comment

• Ganzy98
                Ganzy98 commented
                Editing a comment
                We’re gonna be in the same class! Good luck brother! They told me to check my email should be getting the instructions around Friday

• JEROD2018
                JEROD2018 commented
                Editing a comment
                Amazon.com will be your best friend to get the stuff of that list

• BAM@81
                Editing a comment
                When they call, what do they say ??

• Ganzy98
                Ganzy98 commented
                Editing a comment
                They basically ask questions like has any of your information changed, then they ask if you want a job and then tell you your date and give you a little run down.

• What list are you guys from and what was your score if you dont mind me asking, im from 28-423 and scored a 70 on the questionnaire.

Comment

• Ganzy98
                Ganzy98 commented
                Editing a comment
                Same test as you I scored an 80..

• BAM@81
                Editing a comment
                I’m from the same test .. scored a 75 … just waiting on the call

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3814 users online. 234 members and 3580 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X