Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like they told us... no news is good news. We are all waiting patiently. Some like me and you are getting anxious. Fingers crossed

Comment

Do you have to get a negative covid test before you go to the academy? Or does that depend on if you're vaccinated or not?

Comment

• Vrscr
        Vrscr commented
        Editing a comment
        You will be tested on the Sunday you are told to report. They will offer you the vaccine, you don’t have to get it. I didn’t. That being said I got sent home after 3 weeks because one of my roommates tested positive for Covid. I have to start all over again from week 1. I’m still waiting to go back. If I had been “fully vaccinated” I could have stayed as long as I continued to test negative. They never told me that. I got j&j after being sent home so they can’t send me home again. It is not a walk in the park. The academy is very difficult and will test you more then you can imagine. Starting over is not something you want to do.

I just noticed the CO list has people who scored 85 being appointed on 11/22. I scored a 90 so either I am not in or my background isn’t done. Ugh.

Comment

• sjs35
        sjs35 commented
        Editing a comment
        What's the CO list? Like a list of the next people going to the academy? and where did you find this list?

• Maicords
        Maicords commented
        Editing a comment
        The list on civil service website. You can filter to show who is active and been appointed.

CO list? I know my background has to be ongoing since non I put on the list said they were contacted. My last job was contacted but that was the only one. Smh... No new is good news right?

Comment

They told all of us at the pysch exam today that they are running new academies every two weeks, so things should start moving along quickly hopefully.

Comment

What exam are you from?

Comment

• Trum99
            Trum99 commented
            Editing a comment
            I took the one in like October of 2020, 28-423

My buddy went through the academy in April of 2021, and i have another buddy whos been in 3 years now, aswell as my cousin whos going on 10 years and they said it's a real big **** show going on, people are just quitting left and right plus all the retirements, nobody is sticking around, guys with 7-8+ years just walking out. I really need the money, and the retirement and benefits are my main focus, but ive been looking into county corrections up my way because the way a few of my buddies are talking sounds like its just all going down hill and not getting any better for COs inside the state prisons. No wonder they have 5 exams they are still pulling from.

Comment

• JEROD2018
            JEROD2018 commented
            Editing a comment
            Quiting left and right. Wow I know CO's in Rikers are leaving because of the conditions with the mandatory triple overtime and lack of backing from the city leaders. I honestly thought things are better with State. Like you, I'm interested in longterm or at least 15yrs if possible. Just waiting on the background check to finish up.
            Last edited by JEROD2018; 01-09-2022, 09:21 AM.

Hey guys, Any news? I’m getting restless. They said in October we should be expecting January, but no news and I can’t reach my inspector. Also a class just graduated last week. (They started in October). Did anyone hear anything?

Comment

• JEROD2018
            JEROD2018 commented
            Editing a comment
            I have not heard anything from them either.

• Ganzy98
            Ganzy98 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah it’s making me crazy.

Hey I have a question can you get disqualified for not telling about traffic citations….

Comment

I checked the list. It states Im still active. I have a ** next to my name. I means decentralized. I never declined a job offer nor did I get a letter from them. I don't understand.

Comment

• Ganzy98
              Ganzy98 commented
              Editing a comment
              What’s decentralized? I never heard of it. I checked the list but don’t see anything.

• JEROD2018
              JEROD2018 commented
              Editing a comment
              ** - This list is decentralized (managed outside of ELMS). Please click on the list number above for the user agency/agencies. You would need to contact them directly regarding your status or possible declinations.

I tried calling the state to find out if I am still active. According to the website I am still active and I know I never received a call or letter. This is frustrating.

• Ganzy98
              Ganzy98 commented
              Editing a comment
              That's nothing to worry about, it just means multiple agency's are pulling to the list. it would be centralized if we were applying to one set jurisdiction. State is like over 50 different jurisdictions.

Originally posted by JEROD2018 View Post
            ** - This list is decentralized (managed outside of ELMS). Please click on the list number above for the user agency/agencies. You would need to contact them directly regarding your status or possible declinations.

I tried calling the state to find out if I am still active. According to the website I am still active and I know I never received a call or letter. This is frustrating.
            I have the same **_ decentralized listing on my account as well. Hopefully it doesn't mean anything bad?

Comment

Did anyone hear from their investigator
              Last edited by Toribird2828; 01-21-2022, 08:04 AM.

Comment

• Vrscr
                Vrscr commented
                Editing a comment
                Got the call report on the 13th

Originally posted by Vrscr View Post
              Got the call report on the 13th
              When did you get the call? and what test are you from?

Comment

• Vrscr
                Vrscr commented
                Editing a comment
                I got it about 10 this morning. 28-416. I was at the academy for 3 weeks back in august. My roommate got Covid and I got sent home. I’m finally going back.

Received my call this morning, report on the 13th. I did postpon back in August of 21' from list that was established back in 11/2020.

Comment

• Vrscr
                Vrscr commented
                Editing a comment
                We will be in the same company. What letter does your last name start with? Mine is D. We will be broken up into 4 groups. Alpha, Bravo, Charlie and Delta.

My last name starts with V..

Comment

• Vrscr
                Vrscr commented
                Editing a comment
                You will probably be in Delta. I’ll probably be in Bravo. Start doing push ups and flutter kicks. Good luck

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3831 users online. 237 members and 3594 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X