Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I cannot stress this enough. If you cannot handle being yelled at or being told what to do and when. Rethink your decision. Academy is not for the weak, but IS worth it. Stick through the 8 weeks and you’re golden.

Comment

• Basically what they said.. it doesn’t matter how good you do things there will be people who don’t care or don’t listen well enough and you will get punished. You will duck walk/bear crawl in the hall ways. Days are long to you will be getting up around four and going till 6-9 at night.

Comment

• This forum tells everyone what goes on. Stop being lil cry babies. LIke my DI told us if you can't do what's ask get the **** out. He has walmart applications if you want them. This is not summer school. You will he treated like inmates. You will be told what to do and when to do it. This is a paramilitary academy take it seriously. First 6 weeks were the hardest. Just do what they want. Stay motivated. Attemp to do the PT. Ask questions. Stay alert. Worry about yourself.

Comment

• The worst is waiting for Academy phone call, not knowing one thing or the other.

Comment

• Process1933
            Process1933 commented
            Editing a comment
            Is there a study guide for the corrections exam?

• Anyone hear anything from 28432?

Comment

• Originally posted by 2Face2Furious View Post
            Why did the people drop out? Did they quit or were they kicked out? Or medical dropped to be recycled to next academy?
            EROD2018 commented
            07-07-2022, 02:58 PM

Number of reasons. Top ones are failed the test. The classes are way longer and boring compared to how I was in the academy. Couldn't handle being yelled at by the DIs and getting up early as hell for PT. 1st week of academy you have alot to remember during classes and then information you have to fill out for personal. After that that Friday you already have a test you need to pass. So there is alot to take. Also, family issues, roommate issues and traveling issues. Good luck don't give up. Don't let Captain America and The Terminator make you quit

Originally posted by JEROD2018 View Post
            This forum tells everyone what goes on. Stop being lil cry babies. LIke my DI told us if you can't do what's ask get the **** out. He has walmart applications if you want them. This is not summer school. You will he treated like inmates. You will be told what to do and when to do it. This is a paramilitary academy take it seriously. First 6 weeks were the hardest. Just do what they want. Stay motivated. Attemp to do the PT. Ask questions. Stay alert. Worry about yourself.
            Thank you so much for your words of encouragement and advice. We all really appreciate it!

I hope I can handle this, but I've been through an academy before so this'll just be a more intense version of that. I think I'm tough enough to handle it.

Once again thank you for your posts.
            Last edited by 2Face2Furious; 07-19-2022, 11:13 PM.

Comment

• JEROD2018
              JEROD2018 commented
              Editing a comment
              The Academy is simple. Follow orders. Practice your marching. Left face, right face, about face. Make sure your boots are shined enough you can see your reflection. Use Kiwi high gloss shine. Don't use that liquid shoe shine. They will know and you will be smoked for it. Motivate eachother. Help eachother and during PT worry about yourself. You will be fine. Also invest in Rockstar energy drinks. You will need it. Also keep the rooms clean. Those dorms are just the beginning to what comes after the academy. Make sure everyone cleans up.

• Anyone Got recommendations for BOOTS we should wear to the academy ? Which boots are recommended

Comment

• JEROD2018
              JEROD2018 commented
              Editing a comment
              These are the ones. Still need to shine but saves a hell of alot of time for you to study.

Thorogood GEN-Flex2 8” Side-Zip Black Tactical Boots for Men and Women - High-Shine Leather Heel & Toe with Goodyear Storm Welt and Slip-Resistant Outsole https://a.co/d/eU3Bne8

• Any idea how many academy’s they’ll be doing this year?

Comment

• Is there a study guide for the corrections exam? Or Any one knows what the test will have?

Comment

• Nicole92
                Nicole92 commented
                Editing a comment
                What type of exam there isn’t an exam unless your referencing the psych exam

• JEROD2018
                JEROD2018 commented
                Editing a comment
                There is no exam. Only the psychological exam and medical exam. I didn' have to take a written exam.

• Did anyone from 28-423 just start their process I did my medical and background July 14 psych exam is the 6th

Comment

• Smas2030
                Smas2030 commented
                Editing a comment
                28-432? Or 423 if you meant 432 I just got emailed Friday to go 8/6 for psych test.

• Nicole92
                Nicole92 commented
                Editing a comment
                No I’m 423 ok I’ll
                Be doing my psych then also

• Referring to the exam you have to take through DCAS.

Comment

• Did anyone have a lot of jobs before applying. ? I’ve had a lot of jobs before this just want to know if you think it will hinder me

Comment

• For my people that’s been to the academy .

what are ways they can fail you/ the reason why most people fail ?

also do they fail you if you can’t do so many push ups I’ve always sucked at push ups so I’m kinda scared of failing

Comment

• Nicole92
                    Nicole92 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    From
                    What I’ve read you also take test every week on what you’ve learned

• poolearmor
                    poolearmor commented
                    Editing a comment
                    most ppl will quit on the 1st week after, if you pass the 1st week u will be fine.
                    you have a test on every Friday b4 u going home, if u failed the tests 2 times u are OUT.

• Mmc23
                    Mmc23 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Test every Friday you can only fail twice however the test are pretty easy just pay attention they basically give you all the answers. You have to qualify with the Glock, if you never shot don’t stress they will work with you you just have to do what they say, you also have to past the ppt(obstacle course similar to the physical test you do at the interview) you will take a trial run in week 2 if you struggle with it they you help you every Monday evening to get where you need to be. Don’t stress about push-ups we do them during pt but as long as your are really trying they’ll leave you alone for the most part

• When are you starting the Academy. ?They are not going fail bc you can’t do push-up, only if you fail the test and range

Comment

• MissCO
                    MissCO commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The 15th of this month

• MissCO
                    MissCO commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The 15th of this month

• Mmc23
                    Mmc23 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I’m graduating the week you start if you get a chance talk to recruits from either class and you’ll get lots of tips. First few weeks will be tough especially if you get Howe or Updike for DI, they are tough but they are good people just gotta push yourself and try your best

• Can anyone tell me how long there process really took to find out whether they were getting an offer or not not people who were applying after Covid I mean this year

Comment

• Nicole92
                    Nicole92 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Oh okay I’m hoping this isn’t a year process . My investigator did say 4-6 months

• Smas2030
                    Smas2030 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I haven’t even talked to an investigator, odd

• Nicole92
                    Nicole92 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    What have you done

• Smas2030
                    Smas2030 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Did the questionnaire, got an email a week later asking if I’m still interested and 3 weeks later got an email of when my psych exam is in Albany

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2786 users online. 181 members and 2605 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X