• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my email. See y’all there!

Comment

• Was the email from your investigator?

Comment

• When candidate is contacted for Academy, is it by phone or email? I’ve been awaiting for both, I haven’t gotten neither.

Comment

• Mon1147
          Mon1147 commented
          Editing a comment
          The first contact is by phone telling you that you have the job and when you will start the Academy

• Thank you! Mon1147

Comment

• #209.1
          JEROD2018 commented
          Yesterday, 09:48 AM
          So PT varies in the Drill Instructor. Push-ups and situps will definitely happen. Will lots of knee benders and jumping Jack's. Running and these pt will last 1hr upto 2 hours. Pending how bad your session screws up during pt. You will be running everywhere you go when not in formation. There are 2 physical training test he will need to take. Similar as the ptt for the job interview process. Just more intense and times. 2m55 Seconds is thr time to beat. If he has back problems and has been clear by doccs and his doctor, he should be fine. Pt will be done at either 430 or 5am. Depending how your session behaves they can also have it at 4pm and last till chow time and continue afterwards. During the day they may order you to do burpees jumping Jack's situps. Hopefully your boy is able to deal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you so much for such a long and detailed post! He really appreciated it and so do I.

That is a lot but I think he'll be able to push through the pain to get through it.

Thanks again for your help.

Comment

• JEROD2018
            JEROD2018 commented
            Editing a comment
            Forgot.... DT is very intense and painful. He will need to be sure he's ready to deal with it. I ****ed up my rotator cuff and my arms during that training. Pain meds and Biofreeze will be his best friends. Once he passes and survives DT... everything else will easy. Again I wish him luck and never give up. There job is to make cadets quit. Tell him not to give them that satisfaction.

• I go for the Spanish interview tomorrow. I’ve completed the entire process just doing this tomorrow. Does anyone know how long after that till they call me for the next class? Thanks

Comment

• Please help I just graduated Friday. I report tomorrow afternoon is there anything I should be aware of for my first day. Also does anyone know the wait list length for Albion is?

Comment

• Mon1147
              Mon1147 commented
              Editing a comment
              Any tips on what to expect for training. I’m heading up there on Sunday

• It might take you a year or so to get to Albion. Make sure you put Auburn on your transfer list. You will be about 1:45 to 2 hrs closer to home. You will get to Auburn a lot quicker than any of the jails in the Wendy hub .plus Auburn it’s a swapping jail.

Comment

• Adelgado
              Adelgado commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the information. Hope where I am at is not as bad as the news is saying it is. I read stories recently about the violence in the jail they put me in. There was 5 of us that went there.

• For those that have already gone through academy, did you do PT 5 days a week? Does it ever get down to 3 days a week or something?

Comment

• Adelgado
              Adelgado commented
              Editing a comment
              You do PT 5 days a week. If you can get threw the 1st week your gonna be fine. The tests are not that bad on Fridays. Just pay attention and study. You do have to run every place you go to. I want to say the worse was the oc training. It’s no fun at all. You become good friends with the people there. Cheer each other on. Just stay positive and your gonna be fine.

• You do PT 5 days a week. If you can get threw the 1st week your gonna be fine. The tests are not that bad on Fridays. Just pay attention and study. You do have to run every place you go to. I want to say the worse was the oc training. It’s no fun at all. You become good friends with the people there. Cheer each other on. Just stay positive and your gonna be fine.

Comment

• Mon1147
              Mon1147 commented
              Editing a comment
              What’s OC training

• Those of you starting at your training facilities.... dont go in there like you know what to do and how to do it. Leave that cocky attitude in your car. Ask questions, listen, watch, ask more questions and don't take another officers baton just because yours doesn't have wear and tear on it. Respect the blue sea and don't let those inmates into your head.

Comment

• If disqualified, how long after does candidate receive disqualification letter? Thank you!
              Last edited by Cabaray; 06-21-2022, 05:13 PM.

Comment

• Thanks for the response guys. I am very grateful for this forum. On my second week and PT is much harder on Fridays lol.

Comment

• Thanks for the response guys. I am very grateful for this forum. On my second week and PT is much harder on Fridays lol.

Comment

• Don't let the terminator or Capt America get you down. If you have the terminator here is a tip. He loves Fridays so make sure your session and sister session stay motivated and tell him you wanna goto Disneyland. Stay hydrated and study. Stay motivated and remember together forever.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3104 users online. 195 members and 2909 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X