Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where does everyone buy their academy gear PT greys, black uniform shoes, etc…

Comment

• Jj1512
      Jj1512 commented
      Editing a comment
      I did my 1/1 on 4/4/22, but I noticed, in past posts, that you’re part of the Spanish CO trainee list correct?

• DOC G
      DOC G commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s correct! Im not sure how they go about calling but I’m here waiting and still no DQ letter.

• Jj1512
      Jj1512 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea that maybe a little tricky, but you’ll definitely be contacted at some point. I hear that they’re constantly calling people.

• JEROD2018
      JEROD2018 commented
      Editing a comment
      Goto Amazon. That's where I went. Also buy 2. In stencils. Your will need them for the sweaters and t-shirts. Make sure you buy 5 of each: shorts, t-shirts and sweaters and socks. Make sure you have a ruler. That's a must have. Practice making hospital corners on your bed. Kiwi high polish and cotton balls. You will be doing alot of boot shinning. Make sure you get those suckers shined or you will be doing PT. Good luck

• I am also waiting, Let’s see what happens.

Comment

• Anyone going to 6/27 academy?

Comment

• Gearhead3232
        Gearhead3232 commented
        Editing a comment
        I got my call on 6/3. Ill be at the 6/27 academy.

• If I receive the phone call, I might be. Thanks for sharing, Congratulations!

Comment

• How soon after you graduate do you report to the 4 week training? Do you get a few days off to prepare for the next 4 weeks? Also is the facility you gain at is that usually your spot until your able to transfer?

Comment

• JEROD2018
          JEROD2018 commented
          Editing a comment
          You will he given a few days to get ready and report to whatever facility they will be sending you for OJT. That facility will be home till your able to transfer out.

• Thank you do you happen to know what the work schedule is for training is it like the academy Monday to Friday or is it what ever they put you on? Do you work all shifts to learn how each shift is run?

Comment

• JEROD2018
          JEROD2018 commented
          Editing a comment
          The Academy is Monday through Friday. The first 2 weeks will be a hell of an adjustment. Every friday you have an exam. Make sure you take time to study and stay awake. Fridays you will be told if you pass or fail. Either way you go home every Friday. depending on who your DI is your morning could start at 0400 and if your session behaves could end at 6pm or 8pm. You will be given duties but those will be from 6pm to 10pm

• Thank you. Now for the 4 week on the job training are you on the same hours the Monday to Friday shift? How does that schedule work?

Comment

• JEROD2018
          JEROD2018 commented
          Editing a comment
          Once your on OJT your FTO will give you a schedule for the whole month. You will not be doing overtime or double shifts. You will be doing single shifts and sometimes you will do a 7ax3p and have to come back for a 11px7a shift. Every place is different. So you will have to wait till you get to your training facility

• Hey are ankle socks acceptable or do I need a different kind?

Comment

• JEROD2018
          JEROD2018 commented
          Editing a comment
          They are acceptable for PT. Must be white. Not gray, not black must be white. As for uniform, you can use black tube socks.

• Jj1512
          Jj1512 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Jerod, you’ve been very helpful.

• How many people fail out of the academy? I'm applying with a buddy of mine and we hope we both get through the process (I already got through the Parole so I'm not worried about getting through) so we can both be at the academy together so we can help each other out.

My friend doesn't have an account here so he asked me - he has a back injury. He takes meds for it and is fine if he'll be able to take them, but he's worried about how intensive the PT is, how long it's for each day, and what he needs to do to prepare.

My question is this: those sound like long days - do they allow you to keep caffeine mints or gum in your pocket? Or keep energy drinks in your bookbag?

Comment

• Ohkeo
          Ohkeo commented
          Editing a comment
          You left Parole, to sit in a prison for the next 25 years..
          Why?

• JEROD2018
          JEROD2018 commented
          Editing a comment
          Why the hell would you leave parole for Corrections.... smh. Caffeine mints and gum are contraband. Will not be allowed there while in the academy. Don't get caught with it.

• JEROD2018
          JEROD2018 commented
          Editing a comment
          Why the hell would you leave parole for Corrections.... smh. Caffeine mints and gum are contraband. Will not be allowed there while in the academy. Don't get caught with it. Energy drinks and snacks are not allowed in your room. Again don't get caught with it. Make sure you lock up your locker to keep your stuff secured.

• I went thru about 12 years ago. Everyone was living off of 5 Hour Energy shots in their pocket. They have to be out of sight because you're not supposed to have anything

Comment

• Hello everyone, I got my call for June 27, can someone let me know what to bring. I still didn’t get my email with my list of what to bring.

Comment

• JEROD2018
            JEROD2018 commented
            Editing a comment
            Bring everything on that list. Mini iron bord. A 12inch ruler. Cotton balls and a mini spray bottle. Gonna need those for boot shinning. T-shirt, shorts, sweat pants, sweat shirt l, socks.... 5 of all. Biofreeze and alot of Tylenol and aleve. Elbow, knee brace... you may need that. Everything else is on the list and you will figure it out on weekends what you will want to have with you. Also a back floor roller. That will be a must. Goodluck.

• You should be getting an email pretty soon. I was told I would receive everything today but it hasn’t come the yet but that email will tell you everything you need to know

Comment

• Mon1147
            Mon1147 commented
            Editing a comment
            Mmc23 Thank you! I guess I will check tomorrow

• HI everyone, my investigator called me regarding a job that I've listed but the company is no longer in business. It is a company I used to work for 10 years ago at JFK airport. I explained to my investigator those companies are usually under a contract by the airlines if they provide poor services the airlines don’t normally renew their contract they then vanished. He insisted that I must provide him with some type of information such as phone #, he stated he needs to speak with someone otherwise he can’t move on with my case. Does anyone know what I can/should do? Truthfully I’ve work for the company, I’ve gone to the IRS website to pull out my tax return about the comp sure enough the website showed a little information I don’t know whether it is enough or not.

Comment

• JEROD2018
            JEROD2018 commented
            Editing a comment
            Just give him a name and number of said company. If he can't get through oh well. The company is out of business nothing else could be done about it.

• Ohkeo, JEROD2018

I didn't leave parole. I got through the Parole background check, medical, agility, everything. Just waiting on an academy, but as it says in the Parole thread, there won't be a Parole academy for a long time, with it possible that the eligible list will expire before any new academy happens. So I'm stuck in a dead end job until they decide to call which may be years from now.

I didn't leave parole - parole never called me for an academy. And there's no academy likely anytime soon. So I am planning on going corrections and then waiting for parole to call.

Now, can someone actually answer the other question in my post?

"My friend doesn't have an account here so he asked me - he has a back injury. He takes meds for it and is fine if he'll be able to take them, but he's worried about how intensive the PT is, how long it's for each day, and what he needs to do to prepare."

Thank you.

Comment

• JEROD2018
            JEROD2018 commented
            Editing a comment
            So PT varies in the Drill Instructor. Push-ups and situps will definitely happen. Will lots of knee benders and jumping Jack's. Running and these pt will last 1hr upto 2 hours. Pending how bad your session screws up during pt. You will be running everywhere you go when not in formation. There are 2 physical training test he will need to take. Similar as the ptt for the job interview process. Just more intense and times. 2m55 Seconds is thr time to beat. If he has back problems and has been clear by doccs and his doctor, he should be fine. Pt will be done at either 430 or 5am. Depending how your session behaves they can also have it at 4pm and last till chow time and continue afterwards. During the day they may order you to do burpees jumping Jack's situps. Hopefully your boy is able to deal.
            Last edited by JEROD2018; 06-10-2022, 08:59 AM.

• Is it a lot of running laps around the gym

Comment

• JEROD2018
            JEROD2018 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hard to explain it. But it's really not hard at all. Just start running now. Learn to control your breathing and never give up. You will be fine.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3423 users online. 221 members and 3202 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X