300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYPD psych doctor questions

This question is for our NYPD officers, I wanted to know what to say to the psych doctor. I was prescribed a anti-anxiety medication many moons ago which I no longer take and wanted to know if this information must be brought to the psych doctor’s attention. I have heard that they can find out any medical info, but I also heard this is not true due to Hipaa law. Any information would help.
    Thank you

It doesn't matter if you no longer take it or how long ago you took it; at some point in your life, your anxiety was too much for you to cope with that you felt you needed medication for it. This must absolutely be disclosed to the interviewing psychologist. Here's why: the psychologist is going to see that you were prescribed medication for an anxiety disorder regardless. Failure to disclose this would result in psychological disqualification for "omission of pertinent facts".

Your interviewing psychologist is going to request medical records. In order to do so, you will be told to sign a Waiver of HIPAA Rights. Now technically speaking, you have a right to refuse to sign a HIPAA waiver and they wouldn't be able to access your medical records. But let me just say this-- refuse to sign the HIPAA waiver and see how far you will get with getting hired by the NYPD. They also have the right to refuse giving you a job.

Your best option would be this: be open about your past anxiety and answer any questions revolving the diagnosis and medication honestly. They're going to see it regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by nyhardest22 View Post
      This question is for our NYPD officers, I wanted to know what to say to the psych doctor. I was prescribed a anti-anxiety medication many moons ago which I no longer take and wanted to know if this information must be brought to the psych doctor’s attention. I have heard that they can find out any medical info, but I also heard this is not true due to Hipaa law. Any information would help.
      Thank you
      Saved again as OP won’t listen to responses and is fishing.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4776 users online. 319 members and 4457 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X