300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYPD Processing recently suspended license

Good Morning everyone I’ve seen recent critical posts and you guys seem to be very straightforward , so I want to ask you guys what are my chances of getting into the NYPD? In 2018 ( I was 18) I just recently got my license and I was on probation at the time, one night I was coming home from dropping my gf off at her house and I was pulled over I got a ticket for driving with high beams and driving while using my phone which I wasn’t. Long story short I got a lawyer to fight these tickets and he postponed the dates till recently and I was found guilty and since I was on probation when I received the tickets my license is now due for suspension in a week for 4 months. I have a initial interview with my investigator on the 19th and I don’t know how things are gonna play out. I would love to hear your opinion and feedback of my chances. Thank you.

Originally posted by Cheesecake11719 View Post
    Good Morning everyone I’ve seen recent critical posts and you guys seem to be very straightforward , so I want to ask you guys what are my chances of getting into the NYPD? In 2018 ( I was 18) I just recently got my license and I was on probation at the time, one night I was coming home from dropping my gf off at her house and I was pulled over I got a ticket for driving with high beams and driving while using my phone which I wasn’t. Long story short I got a lawyer to fight these tickets and he postponed the dates till recently and I was found guilty and since I was on probation when I received the tickets my license is now due for suspension in a week for 4 months. I have a initial interview with my investigator on the 19th and I don’t know how things are gonna play out. I would love to hear your opinion and feedback of my chances. Thank you.
    One of NYPD's basic hiring requirements is that the applicant has a valid New York driver's license, so that's a major obstacle right there.

Comment

• Cheesecake11719
      Cheesecake11719 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Not.in.my. town, thank you for responding to my post. Do you think my investigator will even bother to process me/ recommend me for hire or would she put my process on hold?

• not.in.MY.town
      not.in.MY.town commented
      Editing a comment
      Cheesecake11719 If your license is suspended, then you no longer meet the minimum requirements for the position. I don't know if they can or will put your process "on hold". My guess would be that they will ask you to reapply once your license is reinstated. Just realize that even then, you're probably going to have to let some time pass before they will actually consider you a viable candidate.

That being said, your best bet is to simply wait until you speak to your BI next week. I know waiting sucks, but she'll be able to give you the most solid answer.

How much did you pay your attorney? It doesn't sound like he did you any good at all.

• HighwayBob
      HighwayBob commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm guessing the traffic case was in TVB. Attorneys are pretty much a waste of money there if the issuing officer writes a lot, i.e. knows how to testify.

• Cheesecake11719
      Editing a comment
      Hi Notinmytown, My BI decided to put my process on hold till my suspension is over and told me to contact her once it up. I feel like this is a lil sign of hope but as you said before I would have to let some time pass, from what I’ve read from this forum I feel like I would automatically be psych DQ

Don't sweat it too much. I know 4 months seems like a long time, but I would suggest using this time to work on your PT. Time will fly by if you keep yourself busy these next 4 months.
    Stay strapped, or get clapped.

-George Washington

Comment

It doesn't matter if you were 18 - it was fairly recent. Besides that, you will not get hired with a suspended license.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeroMood View Post
        Don't sweat it too much. I know 4 months seems like a long time, but I would suggest using this time to work on your PT. Time will fly by if you keep yourself busy these next 4 months.
        Hi Zeromood, Thanks for responding! The four months of waiting is nothing, im just worried about the negative outcome this would have on my process and if I do get processed I know I won’t be able to attend the academy till September if there is any or maybe even next year.

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayBob View Post
          It doesn't matter if you were 18 - it was fairly recent. Besides that, you will not get hired with a suspended license.
          Hi, Highwaybob thanks for replying. By you saying I wouldn’t be able to get hired do you mean I won’t be able to process any further? I had my initial medical last week and I’m waiting for my investigator to email or call me back, and if I do get processed would this be a automatic Psych disqualification?

Comment

• HighwayBob
            HighwayBob commented
            Editing a comment
            As was already mentioned, you do not meet the qualifications needed for hiring since you don't have a valid driver's license. Why you think it has anything to do with the psych is beyond me.

• Cheesecake11719
            Editing a comment
            Hi Highwaybob,

I talked to my investigator on the phone and she told me that she would put my application on hold till my suspension is over, does this mean I have a chance?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4602 users online. 284 members and 4318 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X