300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New York State Police Test

The Next New York State Police are taking applications for there next test.

https://www.troopers.state.ny.us/Exam-Internet/

Humm I wonder if I'm eligible on the age requirement alone? I'm currently 29 and will turn 30 on the 19th of this month. That wouldn't affect anything would it?

Comment

You would not be able to take it unless you have time in the military.

Comment

Ahh well, NJSP here I come.

Comment

New recruiting website:

http://www.nytrooper.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Outshined
            I took the NYSP test in 1985. Scored a 98% and was 5,800 or something on the list.
            Wow thats a good score, did they ever call you?

Comment

Originally posted by Outshined
              I took the NYSP test in 1985. Scored a 98% and was 5,800 or something on the list.
              That's the test I took.
              You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

hows the nys test like? where would they make u take the test? and where in ny u guys from? im from westchester county

Comment

Originally posted by NYCRJmajor914 View Post
                  hows the nys test like? where would they make u take the test? and where in ny u guys from? im from westchester county
                  The test I took was so long ago that I'm sure it has changed a lot. But I found it rather easy. In fact, judging by a previous post in this thread, I must have scored either a 99 or 100 on it. I don't remember my spot on the list, I think someplace around 500.

By comparison, we are currently up to approximatly 10,000 on the current list.
                  You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

yea i was thinking about applying for it since its this year and its my next oppurtunity besides the nypd which i take next saturday. I pasted the new rochelle pd physical last sunday but my scores werent as well as i wanted them to be. For the towns and villages test isnt untill dec. '08 which is a while. But i debat if i want to be a state trooper or not, not really sure if i want that type of policing.

Comment

. But i debat if i want to be a state trooper or not, not really sure if i want that type of policing.
                      What do you think our type of policing is????

Comment

You can do just about any type of policing that you want with the NYSP. I don't know any place where you've got more flexibility.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayState View Post
                          You can do just about any type of policing that you want with the NYSP. I don't know any place where you've got more flexibility.
                          +1

If you take the time to go through the new NYSP recruiting site, it is very evident that the possibilities are seemingly endless with regard to job functions available to an individual within the NYSP.

Comment

sorry i should of clarified it... i meant like either highway patrol or rural town areas to patrol... i think i would enjoy being in a own city or town police force...

Comment

sorry i should of clarified it... i meant like either highway patrol or rural town areas to patrol... i think i would enjoy being in a own city or town police force...
                              This too is a possibility with the NYSP. I really can't speak to the details of it but, the NYSP does participate in Operation Impact where they join forces with local agencies (ie: City and Sheriff) and patrol cities where the NYS Government has deemed that the crime rates are too high.

Like I said, I don't specifically know who or what determines which memebers of the NYSP partake in these assignments but, it is a possibility. Maybe a current member of the NYSP may be able to better answer your question but just thought I would throw in my my limited knowledge of the subject as food for thought.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4417 users online. 309 members and 4108 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X