300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEC Police

Has anyone who took the test for the DEC this December received anything from them (aside from the scores)? I will likely not ever be called, because I didn't score great, but was just wondering.

I took the test back in Dec and scored an 85... was ranked #83 I believe. I never heard back from them in any form of a canvass letter. I was under the impression that anyone that scored a 70 or better was at least guarnateed a canvass letter... I guess the competition was just so great that it wasn't the case this time around.

Comment

Originally posted by concordia View Post
      I took the test back in Dec and scored an 85... was ranked #83 I believe. I never heard back from them in any form of a canvass letter. I was under the impression that anyone that scored a 70 or better was at least guarnateed a canvass letter... I guess the competition was just so great that it wasn't the case this time around.

Comment

Originally posted by concordia View Post

I have NOOO clue. I thought the same thing. However, I haven't heard a peep from anyone who took the test, so maybe no one at all has been contacted yet??

Comment

I took the test last december also, I scored a 95 and was ranked 12 or 13 on the list. I emailed the DEC human resources department and asked if they had an academy scheduled for sometime this year, and they responded saying that there were no plans for a class this year, and that most likely the next class wouldn't be until sometime next year. That is kind of a bummer because I was looking forward to pursuing this. The outdoors and law enforcement are two of my main areas of interest, and an ENCON officer is both wrapped up into one.

Comment

Interesting, willeck. Well you certainly got a very good score, so obviously if you haven't received a canvas letter yet, then no one would have. From what I've seen, the DEC ECO position comes up far less often than say NYS Park Police Officer does. The last Civil Service exam for a position in the DEC was back in '04, and from what I was told by others, they only have a new academy at most once every two years or so. I guess this leaves them plenty of room to play with since we've all taken the written now, and they won't be holding another anytime soon. I know it's expensive to send out letters to all those who took the exam and passed with a 70 or better, but they really need to work on communication regarding issues like this. There's almost no way to find out information from the DEC since they have no official web site for their ECOs or any info regarding the test back in Dec.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4418 users online. 271 members and 4147 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X