300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Onondaga County Sheriff, Syracuse PD

Any one here have any info on these departments, or Rochester PD?

Syracuse PD is good to get in to. Lots of special units and plenty of OT. Onondaga has a good bunch of guys but are one of the lowest paying agencies in the area. You can make up for that by working a bunch of off-duty stuff and they have many specialized assignments available.

Comment

Man, I thught there would be more people from the area on here than this.

Comment

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Last edited by ocso751; 08-11-2007, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Biography:
          I like traffic enforcment

just going by what your biography states, if you like traffic enforcement checkout new york state police.

http://www.troopers.state.ny.us/

Comment

syracuse as a city is nothing compared to rochester and buffalo. it was just on channel 10 news last night that in 2006 buffalo had 74 murders, rochester 47 and syracuse only 12 not to mention that all other violent crimes in syracuse saw a significant drop over the previous year as well. yeah the city has a crime problem and gangs and everything else every city in america has but id say our city police are doing one hell of a job cleaning up the streets and there are alot of other cities to work in that are alot more dangerous than SAD-EXCUSE, NY.
            Last edited by ocso751; 08-11-2007, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Currently I’m in Iraq. Any thing will be a improvement. I’m a southern boy, born and raised in the south (Arkansas). North Carolina has been home for the last 9 years thanks to the US Army. I was Police Officer in Arkansas for three years. Loved it, but I like to eat more than I like to play cops and robbers. My wife is from Clinton (near Utica). I love the area up there. I’m in to fishing pretty big, and well, there’s plenty of that in up state (I also like the snow, yes I know, I should have my head checked, my wife points that out to my often). I would rather go to some nice town PD Or maybe Oneida County S.O. But I’m getting to old to be wasting a lot of time for jobs. (Thanks to some of your civil service rules). I did take the State police test, and passed. But by the time I’m able to take a job offer, I will be too old. I spent about 13 months in Syracuse at the Army recruiting Command center (Clinton Square). I talked to a couple of OCSD deputies, they seemed alright, never got the chance to talk to any SPD officer though.

I’ve seen the pay standards for the SD; does any one know them for SPD? They don’t post that on the web. Rochester seems to pay pretty good though.

One more question….why on earth does none of the YANKY (I did say I’m from the south didn’t I? so please don’t no one take affiance, I don’t when ya’ll call me a red neck) states give take home cars? I can’t believe the money wasted on cars by rotating a fleet, especial with all the road salt. If I have ownership in the car, I’m sure to take much better care of it.
              Last edited by arcop223; 06-05-2007, 02:21 PM. Reason: gramer

Comment

syracuse police start at around 35k a year now. i believe it was 33k before.
                Last edited by ocso751; 06-05-2007, 06:09 PM. Reason: spelling error

Comment

Ocso751 nailed it...

I know a few guys with Syracuse PD and although the starting salary is low they get a lot of OT. They are also busy with a lot of real crimes...

Comment

I am taking the civil service exam for syracuse pd in july. im originally form upstate ny. just wondering what they are hiring and how the process is? their website is not very informative. any help woud be much appreaciated!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3201 users online. 199 members and 3002 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X