300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July '07 NYPD Academy thread

Thought I'd start a thread dedicated specifically to the July '07 academy. I have my mini-medical on June 6th.

Latest news is the academy will start July 9th.

I live in orange county, so I'm unsure as to if I'm going to commute, or possibly move down to Queens with some family for the academy.

did you look into the quest program? they find you roommates with other nypd cops

Comment

A fellow Orange County guy, huh? I was starting to think I was the only one. I'm going to try to hold off moving to the city for as long as possible, but I'll at least be moving to Rockland.
      I have my mini medical on June 1.

Comment

naa im in westchester county like 2 miles from the bronx border but damn thats a hike orange county 2 nyc lol

Comment

im on medical review and i meet with my investigator may 31, then with a doctor to clear me of my medical on june 4 then after that i have to do the psychs, jst and lastly the mini-med....just hopefully i'll get done before july 9 or at least make it into the backfill class if anythign.

Comment

Thanks for wishing me luck! I appreciate it!

Nice to see another local, I'm from the Monroe/Chester area. I've heard its pretty feasible to take the train to the academy, so I may do that.

Maybe we can find some more locals, and maybe try to commute together, or at least take the train together!

Comment

lol yea it always helps to go with other people.. i hate doing things alone are you taking the test on june 16th?

Comment

I am in the quest program, I am reporting for my medical, physical, psych and meeting with my background investigator june 11-14th wish me luck all

Comment

Im pretty much all set...had the mini med 5/21 just waiting for the phone call come July
                  Coming from Suffolk County

Comment

hey at least u dont have to worry about going over the bridge to go to brookyln comm college or the medical and all places in queens lol i have to come from westchester over the whitestone n all

Comment

Good luck to all, I've done everything in the process, now all I have to do is sit back and wait for the call........ And oh yeah continue working on the wretched Rikers Island!! I can't wait to get out of there!!!!!!!
                      Really "Patrolling The Toughest Precincts In New York City"!
                      sigpic

Comment

NYPD academy parking?

I know this is a dumb question, but where can you park for the academy (I know it’s in the city and it's better to take the train). I've heard that most people car pool with other cadets, but where is there to park? I've been to the academy and there is no parking around there, across the street is a hospital. Is there a near by area maybe; any current or former cadets have any suggestions?

Or does anyone know if cadets can ride the train for free still? I believe that they used to, but I don't know anymore.
                        Last edited by Exit24; 05-29-2007, 11:39 AM. Reason: Misspelled

Comment

Good Luck To All That Are Going To The Academy In July

Comment

Exit24 yes you can ride the train for free, just as long as you have your id.
                            "I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six."
                            - A Cop's Maxim

Comment

exit24, as a recruit you cannot park anywhere near the academy, they actually give you a map of places you cannot park, and they have people paid to make sure you don't park there. Best place to park is in a garage nearby, but that costs money. go east and south of the academy and you might (stress might) find a legal spot. Take the train, its soooo much easier and much cheaper. Save the driving for the range. You have to pay if they ask on the train because technically the free ride is for armed officers. But most of the conductors are cool.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2967 users online. 147 members and 2820 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X